SwiftClip™ 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" (LS-Series)
1-1/2" leg x 1-1/2" leg fixed/ridged connection clip.
SwiftClip L-Series support clips are used in multiple construction projects, specifically in conjunction with structural studs and track. These labor time-savers include prepunched holes for quicker screw attachments, and are punched to accommodate for CRC lateral bracing connections.
Pre-punched SwiftClips™ are used for multiple construction applications. They are commonly used for lateral bracing CRC connections, header & sill connections and floor joist hangers. The L-shaped clips fit between the stud flanges, so that shorter length clips do not need to be ordered.
Fixed clips should not be used in place of a deflection clip.
- SwiftClip Support Clips are attached to the cold-formed steel (CFS) framing members using #10 minimum self-drilling screws driven through the clip holes into the steel framing. Connections to the building frame can be made with powder-actuated fasteners, drill-in concrete anchors or welding.
- It is the responsibility of the design engineer to detail the attachment of clips and verify their capacity meets the application.
- Place the first two screws in each leg in the outermost screw holes. Place the next two screws (if needed) in center holes next to the CRC holes (diagonal). The next screws (if needed) are placed moving from the outermost holes toward the center, symmetrically.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|Product code||Mils / Gauge||Length||Description|
|LS543||54mils / 16GA||3-1/4"||SwiftClip™ 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" LS-Series|
|LS683||68mils / 14GA|
|LS973||97mils / 12GA|
|LS545||54mils / 16GA||5-1/2"|
|LS685||68mils / 14GA|
|LS975||97mils / 12GA|
|LS547||54mils / 16GA||7-1/4"|
|LS687||68mils / 14GA|
|LS977||97mils / 12GA|
|LS549||54mils / 16GA||9-1/4"|
|LS689||68mils / 14GA|
|LS979||97mils / 12GA|
|LS541||54mils / 16GA||11-1/4"|
|LS681||68mils / 14GA|
|LS971||97mils / 12GA|
|LS5413||54mils / 16GA||13-1/4"|
|LS6813||68mils / 14GA|
|LS9713||97mils / 12GA|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.