Click on title bar below to view full terms and conditions:
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Standard Terms and Conditions of Sales outline the following:
- Terms of Agreement
- Price Terms
- Payment Terms
- Delivery Terms
- Product Warranty
- Notice; Time Limitations
- Force Majeure
- Miscellaneous Terms
CLARKWESTERNDIETRICHBUILDING SYSTEMS LLC –STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Terms of Agreement: The sale, shipment and delivery by Clarkwestern DietrichBuilding Systems LLC(“Seller”) of products (“Products”) will be subject only to and governed exclusively by the terms and conditions set forth herein and in Seller’s quotation or acknowledgement, as applicable. THE ACCEPTANCE OF ANY OFFER MADE BY SELLER IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN. ANY ACCEPTANCE BY SELLER IS MADE EXPRESSLY CONDITIONAL UPON THE PURCHASER’S ASSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. Any terms and conditions contained in the Purchaser’s purchase order, request for quotation or other document which are different from, in addition to, or vary Seller’s terms and conditions shall not be binding upon Seller andSeller hereby objects thereto. Any conduct by Purchaser which recognizes the existence of a contract between Seller and Purchaser including, without limitation, acceptance of delivery of any of the Products, shall be conclusive evidence of Purchaser’s acceptance of, and assent to, the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any cancellation or amendment to an order must be approved by Seller in writing and may be subject to restocking charges and other charges. Seller reserves the right to cancel an order upon breach thereof by the Purchaser, failure by the Purchaser to make payment requiredby an order or any other agreement, or the insolvency or bankruptcy of the Purchaser. Purchaser shall not return any products without Seller’s prior written authorization and such return may be subject to restocking charges and other charges.
- Prices: Unless otherwise noted, all prices are F.O.B. point of shipment. Prices do not include any present or future applicable Federal, state, or local sales, use, excise, value added or other tax or charges. Seller shall have the right to invoice separately any such tax or charge as may be imposed at a later time. Applicable tax exemption certificates must accompany any order to which the same applies. Purchaser agrees to indemnify andsave Seller harmless for any such taxes or charges.
- Payment Terms: Payments to Seller are due 30 days after the invoice date, unless otherwise agreed in writing. A finance charge of 1 1/2 % per month (an annual percentage rate of 18%), but not more than the maximum rate permitted by law, may be charged on all past due accounts and Purchaser shall pay Seller all costs incurred in collecting any past due amounts from Purchaser, including court costs and attorney fees. If, inthe opinion of Seller, the financial condition of Purchaser at any time fails to justify the terms of payment specified, Seller reserves the right to require full or partial payment or other adequate assurance of performance from Purchaser before goods are manufactured or shipped. In addition, seller may terminate any and all discounts, incentive programs or other special payment provisions offered to Purchaser.
- Delivery Terms: Shipping and delivery dates, if any, are approximate and are given by Seller in good faith, but are not guaranteed unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing. If delivery as originally scheduled is delayed by Purchaser, Seller may invoice Purchaser and store the Products at Purchaser’s expense. Delay in the delivery of the Products hereunder shall not relieve Purchaser of its obligations to accept and pay for products under any other agreement or purchase order.
- Product Warranty: Seller warrants to Purchaser only the Products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of delivery, subject to Seller’s standard manufacturing and commercial variations and practice. SELLER MAKES NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES TO PURCHASER REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FORA PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Seller’s Product warranty does not apply to any Product to the extent it has been subject to (1) other than normal wear and tear, or (2) improper installation, alteration, modification, or repair, tampering, negligence, abuse or accident, or (3) improper storage. LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, AT SELLER’S OPTION, OF ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. Seller will repair or replace, at its option, Products which upon inspection it finds to be defective, based on claims made in writing to Seller within a reasonable time after discovery. Products alleged to be defective must be returned, freight prepaid, within thirty (30) days to Seller with the return authorization number, obtained from Seller, clearly marked on the outside of the return container for repair or replacement by Seller. THE ABOVE WARRANTY SHALL CONSTITUTE PURCHASER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS FURNISHED HEREUNDER.IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY OF LAW, EVEN IF SELLER SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES,ALL SUCH DAMAGES ANDCLAIMS BEINGSPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’SLIABILITY EXCEED THEPURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.
- Notice; Time Limitations: Purchaser shall have ten (10) days from delivery of the Products to inspect the Products and notify Seller of any nonconformity. Failure to provide notice as provided herein shall constitute a waiver by Purchaser of any claims with respect to nonconforming Products. All claims for shortage or errors must be made within ten (10) days from delivery of the Products. ALL CLAIMS WITH RESPECT TO THE PURCHASE AND USE OF THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING,BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE MUST BE MADE WITHIN TWELVE (12) MONTHS OF THE ACCRUAL OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.
- Force Majeure: Seller shall not be liable for damages or delays in performance due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, any priority system established by any governmental agency, fires, floods, storms and other acts of God, labor disruptions (including strikes, lockouts, and slowdowns), terrorism, war, shortages of materials, lack of transportation, inability to procure power, supplies or raw materials, severe weather conditions, substantial increase inprice of power, raw materials or supplies, and failure of performance of subcontractors and/or suppliers for similar reasons.Failure of Seller to perform for these reasons aforesaid shall not be grounds for Purchaser’s cancellation of an order but the delivery date shall be extended accordingly.
- Indemnification: Purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Seller from any and all claims or liabilities asserted against Seller in connection with the manufacture, sale, delivery or repair of any Products furnished by Seller, arising in whole or in part out of or by reason of the failure of Purchaser, its agents, servants, employees or customers to follow instructions, warnings or recommendations furnished by Seller in connection with such Products (including but not limited to failure to comply with the American Society for Testing and Materials –ASTM #C754, 8.1 Product Storage Standard) or by reason of the failure of Purchaser, its agents, servants, employees or customers to comply with all applicable Federal, state and local laws applicable to the installation and use of the Products (including but not limited to all building codes and the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970), or by reason of the negligence of Purchaser, its agents, servants, employees or customers.
- Miscellaneous: Seller’s failure to insist, in one or more instances, upon the performance of any term or terms contained herein shall notbe construed as a waiver or relinquishment of its rights to such performance or the future performance of such term or terms and Purchaser’s obligation with respect thereto shall continue in full force and effect. Any notice or other communication from Purchaser required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, to Seller at its business address. The invalidity, in whole or in part, of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other of its provisions. All transactions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio (including, without limitation, the provisions of the Ohio Uniform Commercial Code), without giving affect to any conflict oflaw rule or principle of such state. The United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this agreement.
YOU ARE ADVISED TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF THIS LEGAL AGREEMENT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS.
PDF Version: Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale
Agreement for ClarkDietrich SubmittalPro®, iTools and Web Site Online Software
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. This Agreement is a legal contract between you (either an individual or a single business entity) ("you" or the "Licensee") and Clarkwestern Dietrich Building Systems LLC ("us" or the "Licensor") for the online software identified above and, as applicable, any associated documentation made available to Licensee hereunder (collectively, the "Online Software").
Agreement for ClarkDietrich SubmittalPro®, iTools and Web Site Online Software:
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING ONLINE SOFTWARE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE ONLINE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO COMPLY WITH THIS AGREEMENT, WHICH MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 17 BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE ONLINE SOFTWARE. IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON, COMPANY, OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO BIND THAT PERSON, COMPANY, OR LEGAL ENTITY TO THESE TERMS.
- Access and Use. Subject to Licensee's compliance with this Agreement, Licensor grants a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable right and license to Licensee and its Authorized Users to access, use, and execute the Online Software (in object code form only) via an Internet connection to Licensor's host servers solely for Licensee's internal business purposes including for the benefit of Licensee's customers. "Authorized Users" means Licensee including any employees or contractors of Licensee.
- Upgrade, Updates and Patches. Licensor has no obligation to provide software upgrades, updates or patches to Licensee under this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event Licensor, in its sole discretion, elects to provide a software upgrade, update or patch to Licensee, then all such upgrades, updates or patches provided shall be considered "Online Software" and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
(a) Licensee agrees that, except as permitted by this Agreement, it shall not itself, or through any parent, subsidiary, affiliate, agent or other third party, entity or other business structure: (i) copy, modify, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, distribute the Online Software or any way make it available to any third-party; (ii) reverse engineer the Online Software or disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Online Software; (iii) rent or lease the Online Software or use it in a service bureau capacity for the benefit of third parties; (iv) remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices on the Online Software or any other materials furnished to Licensee by Licensor hereunder; (v) write or develop any software program based upon the Online Software that would be considered a "derivative work" of the Online Software under the U.S. Copyright Act; (vi) use a robot, spider, or any similar device to copy or catalog any materials or information made available through the Online Software; or (vi) take any actions, whether intentional or unintentional, that may circumvent, disable, damage or impair the Online Software's control or security systems.
(b) Licensee agrees, for itself and its Authorized Users, not to use the Online Software for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. Licensee shall not use the Online Software in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Licensor's server or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Online Software. Neither Licensee nor its Authorized Users shall attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of the Online Software, other user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Licensor server, or to any part of the Online Software through hacking, password mining or any other means. You and your Authorized Users may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Online Software.
- Intellectual Property
(a) The Online Software including all intellectual property rights therein is owned by Licensor and its licensors and is licensed, not sold. Any rights that are not expressly granted to Licensee by this Agreement are expressly reserved. The Online Software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and Licensee agrees to use the Online Software in compliance with the restrictions of those laws and this Agreement.
(b) Licensor has numerous registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks (collectively, "Trademarks"), including without limitation "SubmittalPro." No right, license or interest in or to Trademarks is granted to You under this Agreement.
- Technical Support and Maintenance. Installation services, technical support or Online Software maintenance services are not available under this Agreement.
- Data Practices
(a) We do not claim ownership of any data, information, or other content that you or your Authorized Users provide to us through your use and operation of the Online Software (the "Licensee Data").
(b) You consent to our collection, use, and disclosure, of Licensee Data as set forth in this Section 6. We may use the Licensee Data the purpose for which it was provided and to operate and administer the Online Software. In addition, we may retain, analyze, use, and share the Licensee Data or any other data associated with your account in anonymous, filtered, or aggregate form for general business purposes. From time to time, we may use the Licensee Data to contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, or providing you promotional information for our products or services or those of our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies. Finally, in certain instances we may also share your Licensee Data with our third party vendors who perform functions on our behalf such as a third-party data center operator. Any such third-parties will observe the same data practices as set forth herein with respect to such Licensee Data. If you have any questions about our data practices, please contact us at the address set forth in Section 18(b) below.
- Registration. Registration is not required to use the Online Software. However, if you do not register, then certain functionality associated with the Online Software may not be available to you. If you choose to register you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your user id.
- Licensee Responsibilities. Licensee is responsible for taking steps to backup, secure, and protect all data, information, and materials that Licensee originates or receives so that Licensee has ready access thereto in the event of a loss or corruption of any such materials or an or interruption to the availability of the Online Software.
(a) THE ONLINE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. To the maximum extent allowed by law, Licensor disclaims all express and implied warranties of any kind, including any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, any warranties arising from course of dealing or usage of trade, any warranties of title or against infringement, and any warranties that might otherwise be deemed to arise from samples or descriptions of the Online Software or any materials or services furnished or provided by Licensor to Licensee.
(b) Any data, information, files, and other materials (including, without limitation, any submittal sheets or design calculations) obtained via use of the Online Software (the "Output") are to assist Licensee in the selection and/or analysis of steel framing products sold by Licensor. Such Output is preliminary in nature and is not intended to replace the calculations and services of the architect and engineer of record. Licensee is solely responsible for independently verifying the accuracy of the Output and the currency of product specifications. In addition, Licensee is solely responsible for any negligent or illegal act or omission of Licensee or Licensee's agents, contractors, employees, or customers.
(c) These disclaimers form an essential part of the Agreement. Use of the Online Software authorized hereunder is subject to these disclaimers, except to the extent that any implied warranties cannot be validly waived.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
(a) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, to the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall Licensor be liable or obligated in any manner to Licensee for any special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Online Software, even if Licensor is informed in advance of the possibility of such damages occurring. This limitation is separate and independent of any other remedy limitations and shall not fail if such other limitation or remedy fails.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Agreement, Licensor's aggregate liability to Licensee under this Agreement shall be limited to the greater of (1) amounts paid (if any) by Licensee under this Agreement within the twelve (12) months prior to the event, action, or circumstances giving rise to the liability; or (2) $500.00.
- Licensee Indemnification. Licensee shall defend, indemnify and hold Licensor, its affiliated companies, parent, and subsidiaries as well as their respective directors, officers, and employees harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees and costs) resulting from any claims, demands, actions and other proceedings by any third party arising from (a) Licensee's breach of this Agreement; (b) personal injury (including death) to a third party or property damage incurred by a third party resulting from or relating to Licensee's use of the Online Software; or (c) from Licensee's failure to comply with an applicable law, regulation, rule, mandate, or requirement of the U.S. government or any applicable professional standard, state or local law or regulation including, without limitation, Licensee's failure to comply with laws or regulations relating to privacy or intellectual property.
- Licensor Indemnification
(a) Licensor shall defend and indemnify Licensee against all claims, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), reasonably incurred in the defense of any claim brought against Licensee in the United States by a third party alleging that Licensee's use of the Online Software in compliance with Licensor provided documentation and terms of this Agreement infringes or misappropriates any United States copyright, trademark, or trade secret right; provided, that Licensee promptly notifies Licensor in writing of any such claim and Licensor is permitted to control fully the defense and any settlement of such claim as long as such settlement shall not include a financial obligation on Licensee. Licensee shall cooperate reasonably in the defense of such claim and may appear, at its own expense. Licensee shall comply fully and promptly with the terms of any such settlement. Licensee shall not undertake any action in response to any infringement or alleged infringement of the Online Software that would be prejudicial to any defense that Licensor may have to the same. Notwithstanding the foregoing, such indemnity shall not apply if the alleged infringement results from use of the Online Software in conjunction with any other software, the combination of the Online Software with equipment not supplied by Licensor, or unlicensed activities (including, without limitation, unauthorized modification of the Online Software).
(b) In addition to the rights and remedies set forth above, should Online Software licensed hereunder become, or in Licensor's opinion be likely to become, the subject of such an infringement claim, Licensor may, at its sole option and expense, (a) procure for Licensee the right to make continued use of the Online Software, (b) replace or modify such Online Software so that it becomes non-infringing, or (c) terminate the license granted hereunder and require the return the Online Software.
(c) These indemnification provisions constitute Licensor's sole liability, and Licensee's sole recourse, in the event of any infringement of third-party rights by Licensee's use of the Online Software.
- Confidentiality. Licensee acknowledges that the Online Software contains valuable trade secrets and/or confidential or proprietary information of Licensor and its licensors including without limitation know-how, inventions, techniques, processes, algorithms, software programs (object and/or source code), and databases. Licensee agrees that it will exercise reasonable care to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of such information to any third party, provided, however, that this paragraph imposes no obligation upon Licensee with respect to any information which: (i) is or becomes publicly known through no wrongful act of Licensee; (ii) is received by Licensee from a third party without breaching an obligation owed to Licensor; (iii) is independently developed by Licensee; or (iv) is required to be disclosed by Licensee pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
- Future Availability. Licensor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, discontinue the Online Software or to alter prices, features, specifications, capabilities, functions, general availability or other characteristics of the Online Software.
(a) This Agreement is effective until terminated by you or us by prior written notice. Upon termination, you must cease your use of the Online Software. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time to suspend your registration and/or block your access to the Online Software, if we reasonably believe that you or any of your Authorized Users have violated the letter or spirit of this Agreement. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any suspension of your account or for blocking your access to the Online Software.
(b) Either party may terminate this Agreement for convenience by providing written notice to the other party in accordance with the notice provisions in Section 18.
(c) Upon termination, all of Licensee's rights shall immediately terminate. Sections 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15(c),16, 17(b), and 19shall survive any termination of this Agreement. We reserve the right to delete any or all program or data files associated with your registration upon cancellation or termination of your registration or termination of this Agreement.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. Neither Licensee's use of the Online Software nor this Agreement will create any right or cause of action for any third party, nor will Licensor be responsible for any third party claims against Licensee.
(a) Licensor reserves the right to amend this Agreement at any time. Subject to Section 17(b) below, modifications to this Agreement will be effective upon the earlier of (1) fifteen (15) after posting the revised Agreement on the Licensor website or notification via email; or (2) if we provide a mechanism for your immediate acceptance of the revised terms such as a click-through confirmation or acceptance button, your acceptance. If you object to any subsequent revision to this Agreement, immediately discontinue use of the Online Software. All counteroffers to this Agreement (or amendments to the same) are categorically rejected.
(b) If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Online Software or this Agreement (the "Dispute"), the parties agree that the Agreement in effect at the time the dispute arose shall apply to the Dispute, including any amendments to the Agreement effective prior to the dispute arising. No amendments to the Agreement shall apply to any Dispute as to which we had notice prior to posting the amendment.
(a) To Licensee. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Notices made by us to you under this Agreement may be made by posting on the Licensor website. If you register, then notices made by us under this Agreement for you or your account specifically will be provided to you via the email address provided to us in your registration for the Online Software or in any updated email address you provide to us in accordance with standard account information update mechanism and/or procedures we may provide from time to time. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current and you will be deemed to have received any email sent to any such email address, upon our sending of the email, whether or not you actually receive the email.
(b) To Licensor. For notices made by you to us under this Agreement and for questions regarding this Agreement or the Online Software, you may contact Licensor as follows:
9050 Centre Pointe Dr. Suite 400
West Chester, OH 45069
Any notice or other communication required or permitted to be given by you hereunder shall be given in writing and delivered in person, by U.S. Mail, via confirmed email or delivered by recognized courier service, properly addressed and stamped with the required postage, addressed to an authorized representative, at the address set forth above, and shall be deemed effective upon receipt.
(a) This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between Licensor and Licensee with respect to the Online Software and supersedes all prior oral or written communications or agreements between the parties relating to the Online Software.
(b) This Agreement shall be governed in all respects construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to its laws governing conflicts of laws. The parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically excluded from application to this Agreement.
(c) All disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction located in Butler County, Ohio. Each party consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and irrevocably waives any and all defenses inconsistent with this Section.
(d) Licensee acknowledges that (i) any misuse or threatened misuse of the Online Software or Licensor's intellectual property or (ii) any misuse or threatened misuse of the Licensor's confidential information will cause immediate irreparable harm to the non-breaching party for which there is no adequate remedy at law. Accordingly, the parties agree that the Licensor shall be entitled to immediate and permanent injunctive relief from any court of competent jurisdiction in the event of any such breach or threatened breach. Licensee hereby waives the defense that Licensor has or will have an adequate remedy at law for any such breach or threatened breach.
(e) Licensee may not assign or otherwise transfer its rights or obligations, in full or in part, under this Agreement without Licensor's express written consent and any such purported assignment is null and void. Upon any such permitted assignment, this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the heirs, successors and assigns of Licensee.
(f) The waiver by either party of a breach of any provisions contained herein shall be in writing to be effective and shall in no way be construed as a waiver of any succeeding breach of such provisions or the waiver of the provision itself.
(g) The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors, and nothing in this agreement is intended to, or should be construed to, create any type of joint venture, partnership, agency, or any employment or fiduciary or franchise relationship.
(h) If any part of this Agreement shall be held to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
(i) No action, regardless of form, arising out of this Agreement may be brought by either party more than two (2) years after the claim or cause of action has accrued.
- U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Online Software is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by governmental entities is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(I)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Contractor/manufacturer is Clarkwestern Dietrich Building Systems LLC, at 9050 Centre Pointe Dr. Suite 400, West Chester, OH 45069.
YOU ARE ADVISED TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF THIS LEGAL AGREEMENT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS.
CINLibrary 0121667.0585224 2613517v3a-Updated Address
ClarkDietrich respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Last modified: November 30, 2020
- Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users including information by which you may be personally identified, either directly or indirectly (“personal information”), including:
Identity Data including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, company name, job title, or similar identifier.
Commercial Data including records of products and services you have purchased, obtained or considered.
Contact Data including your postal address, email address, and telephone numbers.
Technical Data including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Services.
Profile Data including your username and password, your product preferences, and feedback.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our websites and online applications and our products and services.
Professional, Employment, or Education Data if you apply for a job with us.
Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Personal information does not include information where the identity has been removed.
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We do not collect information from children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact as set forth in Section 13 below.
- How We Collect Information About You
We may use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by communicating with us by text, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create an account, register to use our Services, conduct a search, submit feedback, and when you report a problem with our Services.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our websites and online applications, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, web beacons, and other similar technologies (see Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or from third parties including, for example, from your employer as well as our business partners and service providers such as sub-contractors in technical services, BIM third party systems, analytics providers, search information providers, data brokers, aggregators.
- Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Our websites and online applications use automatic data collection technologies to distinguish you from other users of our websites and online applications. This helps us deliver a better and more personalized experience when you browse our websites or use our online applications. It also allows us to improve our websites and online applications by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store your preferences so we may customize our experience according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our websites and online applications.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We may use Google Analytics or Matomo to provide certain analytics services for us. More information about how Google Analytics and Matomo collect and process data can be found:
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit ClarkDietrich, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Third Party Information Collection
Some content or applications on our websites may be served or hosted by third parties, including our third-party content providers and application providers. For example, we may make available the option for you to use “plug ins.” These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you access the content or applications. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with targeted content.
Links to Other Websites
- How We Use Your Information
We use personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To communicate with you.
- To operate our websites and online applications.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To process your job application.
- To provide service and support.
- To track your preferences related to our contact with you.
- To fulfill our contractual responsibilities with your company
- To notify you about changes to our websites and online applications, or any products, software, or services that we have provided to you.
- To contact you about our own and third-parties’ products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features through the website and online applications.
- For AIA Continuing Education or Architectural Specifications.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may share non-personal information without restriction. We may share your personal information with:
• Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• Business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also use and disclose your personal information:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, where one of the transferred assets is the personal information we hold.
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of cybersecurity, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution.
- Your Choices About Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Information from Us. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by ClarkDietrich to promote or recommend our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to ClarkDietrich as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Our websites and online applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or plug-ins enabling third-party features. If you follow a link to any third-party website or engage a third-party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these third parties.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you have set up an account to use our online applications, then you can access, review and change your personal information by logging into our account.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about any personal information that you have provided to us.
- Your California Privacy Rights
We collect certain employment-related personal information about California-residents who are employees, job applicants, contractors or other similar individuals. A copy of our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) notice for these persons can be requested via email at email@example.com. The CCPA currently exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business to business communication (“B2B personal information”) from its requirements. If this changes, we will update our California privacy notice at that time. Other than with respect employment-related personal information and certain B2B personal information, we do not collect personal information from or about California consumers.
- Data Security
To protect against unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure or alteration of your personal information, we have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, unauthorized use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our websites or online applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you believe that your password has been compromised, we ask that you immediately contact us as set forth below.
- Contact Information
YOU ARE ADVISED TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF THIS LEGAL AGREEMENT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS.
- If you have any any questions on these Terms and Conditions please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 543-7140