Head-Of-Wall Deflection Track - 1 & 2 Hour System
BlazeFrame RipTRAK is a ceiling runner with an offset shoulder that represents the thickness of the wall material. (5/8" or 1-1/4") A second piece of board/wall material is fit flush to the fluted deck or slab and is then attached to the shoulder. This allows the deck and the BlazeFrame RipTRAK to move in relation to the wall studs. This also allows the outer/overlapping board (the rip board) that is attached to the BlazeFrame RipTRAK to slide over the primary board/wall material.
BlazeFrame RipTRAK is offered in 33 mils, 43 mils, 54 mils & 68 mils with web sizes of 2-1/2", 3-5/8", 4", 6" and 8".
The BlazeFrame RipTRAK is a UL approved fire-rated head of wall joint system. Meets UL 2079, 5th edition; HW-D-1125 and HW-D-0823. This is good for both roof and wall assemblies. See UL listing Configuration B, Item 3B. Caulking between the shoulder board and the roof/floor assembly is required.
RipTRAK Clips are attached to both inside bottom legs of the BlazeFrame RipTRAK with two #8 by 1/2" (13mm) long steel self-drilling framing screws and engage the short flange of the studs. This reinforces any stud to track connection while allowing deflection.
- RTC-33-RipTRAK Clip 20 ga (Drywall Studs) PN# 56542
- RTC-54-RipTRAK Clip 16 ga (Structural Studs) PN# 56543
Blazeframe ripTRAK product video
BlazeFrame joint protection complies with building codes and our products are listed by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and have been evaluated to meet applicable safety standards in accordance with:
- UL 2079 : Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems
- ASTM E 1966: Standard Test Method for Fire Resistive Joint Systems
- ClarkDietrich's UL Fill, Void or Cavity Materials Listings
- BlazeFrame RipTRAK is a UL approved fire-rated head of wall joint system. Fire caulk and spray not needed. UL 2079; HW-D-1125 and HW-D-0823. This is good for both roof and wall assemblies. See UL listing Configuration B, Item 3B. Caulking is still needed between the shoulder board and the roof/floor assembly.
Need help with ordering the right profile?
- To order RipTRAK based on the system you need: (Click here for an Ordering Form)
Is total deflection the same as deflection gap?
- Not at all. Yep, it can be confusing but we're here to help explain the differences.
- Below helps explain why they are different:
In the bottom of this web page you'll find Product Submittal links with detailed info on deflection and profile sizes.
Find out more about BlazeFrame RipTRAK Systems by clicking on the links below for Product Submittals:
BlazeFrame RIPTRAK - 1 hour System
BlazeFrame RIPTRAK - 2 hour System
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about ClarkDietrich's BlazeFrame Products.