Used in head-of-wall deflection conditions for exterior curtain wall and interior, nonload-bearing walls
ClarkDietrich Fast Top™ Clips are used in head-of-wall deflection conditions for in-fill curtain-wall assemblies to provide for vertical movement. These clips are used in place of or in combination with deflection track.
They provide a positive attachment and do not require bridging installed continuously throughout the upper most punchouts.
The Fast Top™ clip can be attached to the underside of structural members, concrete decks or floor assemblies. Studs must be cut less than full height to enable vertical movement up to 2-1/2" (1-1/4" up and 1-1/4" down). Fast Top™ Clips install quickly with welds, screws, or powder actuated fasteners. FastClip™ deflection screws are used to attach the clip to the cold-formed framing and to ensure frictionless deflection. These clips are also embossed with fastening patterns to ensure accurate placement of fasteners.
- Vertical movement up to 2-1/2" (1-1/4" up and 1-1/4" down).
- FastClip™ Deflection Screws (included) provide frictionless slip connection.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,688,069
Connections to the building can be made with screws, powder-actuated fasteners, drill-in concrete anchors or welding. Mechanical fasteners shall be equally spaced along the scored line of the 1.5" flange. When using the tabulated allowable loads, connections to the building structure must be made according to the table notes. FastClip™ deflection screws are used to attach the clip to the cold-formed steel framing. Screws shall be driven through the slotted holes and positioned to allow for the appropriate building deflection. Two FastClip deflection screws are required with the FTC3, three FastClip deflection screws are required with the FTC5, and four FastClip deflection screws are required with the FTC8, FTC10 and FTC12.
FastClip™ Deflection Screws
Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our proprietary FastClip fastener that has been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|FTC3||Fast Top™ Clip|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.