Performance that stands up to deflection
For superior head-of-wall vertical deflection, and the added benefit of horizontal drift movement, ClarkDietrich has your answer.
For superior head-of-wall vertical deflection, and the added benefit of horizontal drift movement, ClarkDietrich introduces two solutions—MaxTrak® Slotted Deflection Track and MaxTrak® 2D Slotted Deflection & Drift Track. The MaxTrak System allows the top of the wall stud to float within the track legs. This connection allows for vertical live load movement of the primary structure without transferring axial loads to the wall studs. In addition, MaxTrak 2D also has slots in the web to allow for horizontal drift when required by seismic designs.
- Provides positive attachment to wall framing for overall wall strength with no additional components
- MaxTRAK Non-Structural Systems are available with 2-1/2" legs
- MaxTRAK Structural Systems are available in two leg lengths: 2-1/2" or 3" legs
- 2-1/2" Leg MaxTRAK has 1-1/2" long slots with a total allowable vertical (deflection) movement of 1-1/2" (3/4"±)
- 3" Leg MaxTRAK has 2" long slots with a total allowable vertical (deflection) movement of 2" (1"±)
- Total allowable horizontal (drift) movement of 4" (2"±) (MaxTrak 2D only)
- One-piece system reduces the cost of materials and labor
- Easy installation reduces labor costs
- Fire-rated system integrates with a variety of UL® head-of-wall fire stop systems
- MaxTrak 2-1/2" Leg system has code report Intertek CCRR-0205
- Can be used for both interior non-load bearing walls and exterior curtain wall systems
- Embossed guideline at center of vertical deflection slot helps installers correctly position fasteners accurately and quickly
ClarkDietrich Engineering Service & Technical Services are Here to Support You.
- MakTrax and MaxTrak 2D 2-1/2" Leg is Intertek code certified for lateral and horizontal loads.
- Use our MaxTrak Selection Guide for quick preliminary sizing from ClarkDietrich's technical department allowing you to see the advantages of using the MaxTrak system compared to the conventional systems.
- For load tables, see Product Submittal Sheets
MaxTrak™ UL® fire-rated information:
Meeting deflection and drift requirements are only part of the strengths
of MaxTrak. When it comes to meeting fire-rated systems, MaxTrak is UL® approved for the most common UL® design assemblies and a variety of head-of-wall fire stop systems. All fire-rated assemblies comply to UL 2079 test standards.
MaxTrak and MaxTrak 2D UL® fire-rated approvals:
- UL Approved Systems - Listing Partner and Design Number
- UL Control 42XE - 1- and 2-Hour Designs, UL-2079 Test Standard Compliant
ClarkDietrich's Full UL Joint System Listing
Head-of-Wall Sound Assemblies with UltraBEAD
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- ASTM C645 Standard Specification for Nonstructural Steel Framing Members
- ASTM C754 Standard Specification for Installation of Steel Framing Members to Receive Screw-Attached Gypsum Panel Products
- ASTM C955 Standard Specification for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing Members
- ASTM C1002 Standard Specification for Steel Self-Piercing Tapping Screws for Application of Gypsum Panel Products or Metal Plaster Bases to Wood Studs or Steel Studs
- ASTM C1007 Standard Specification for Installation of Load Bearing (Transverse and Axial) Steel Studs and Related Accessories
- ASTM E119 Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- ASTM E814 Standard Test Method for Fire Tests of Penetration Firestop Systems
- ASTM E1966 Standard Test Method for Fire-Resistive Joint Systems
- Intertek CCRR-0205 MaxTrak - Code Compliance Research Report
- UL Design 2079 Fifth Edition Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems
- UL File Number R26034-XHLI Full list of MaxTrak and RipTrak UL design assemblies
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
Product Substitution Forms
To simplify the Product Substitution Request process when ClarkDietrich’s Products are not listed in the Architectural Specification, select one of the CSI Forms in our ClarkDietrich Substitution Request Forms Page to help streamline the procedure.
For creating product submittals to attach to these forms use ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro Product Submittal System.
For submitting product samples to the Architect call (800) 543-7140 and request ClarkDietrich’s product samples.
ClarkDietrich Gold Seal™ Engineering Service
ClarkDietrich Engineering Service offers a complete shop drawing package using the MaxTrak and MaxTrak 2D framing systems to simplifying the submittal process.
Contact ClarkDietrich Engineering Service toll free at 1-877-832-3206.
Product submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|MaxTrak 2-1/2" Leg Structural||MaxTrak and MaxTrak 2D Structural
Slotted Deflection and Drift Track
|MaxTrak 3" Leg Structural|
|MaxTrak 2D 2-1/2" Leg Structural|
|MaxTrak 2D 3" Leg Structural|
|MaxTrak 2-1/2" Leg Non-Structural||MaxTrak and MaxTrak 2D Non-Structural
Slotted Deflection and Drift Track
|MaxTrak 2D 2-1/2" Leg Non-Structural|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.