Are used to secure U-channel (cold-rolled channel) to framing members for lateral bridging and for miscellaneous rigid connections.
This high-performance, multi-use utility clip is ideal for corner reinforcements, stair openings, and numerous support applications.
ClarkDietrich EasyClip™ S-Series™ support clips are commonly used for rigid connections in window and door framing, joist, bypass or other miscellaneous connections to secure one framing member to another, or to secure framing members to the structural frame.
Available in a variety of lengths and gauges, EasyClip S-Series clips are prepunched for faster and more accurate fastener placement.
- 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" legs.
- Lengths available in 3", 5", 7", 9" and 11".
- Available in 16, 14, and 12 gauge.
EasyClip S-Series support clips are attached to the cold-formed steel (CFS) framing members using #10 minimum self-drilling screws driven through the clip holes into the steel framing. When not filling all holes, install fasteners symmetrically starting at the top and bottom edges and move toward the center of the clip. Clip can also be welded to the CFS framing. Connections to the building frame can be made with powder-actuated fasteners, drill-in concrete anchors or welding. When using the tabular values for a welded clip, provide a full weld to the structure, top to bottom, along the outside of the clip. A 3/4" minimum weld on the outside edge of the 1-1/2" leg is also required to control warping or to hold the clip in place before final welding.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet
|Product code||Gauge||Size (in)|
|S543||16||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 3|
|S545||16||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 5|
|S547||16||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 7|
|S549||16||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 9|
|S541||16||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 11|
|S683||14||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 3|
|S685||14||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 5|
|S687||14||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 7|
|S689||14||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 9|
|S681||14||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 11|
|S973||12||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 3|
|S975||12||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 5|
|S977||12||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 7|
|S979||12||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 9|
|S971||12||1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 11|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.