Allows for vertical building movement and provides a horizontal standoff
ClarkDietrich Flat Tail™ Slide Clip is used to attach exterior curtain-wall studs to the building structure and provide for 2-1/4" vertical building movement independent of the cold-formed steel framing. A Flat Tail Slide Clip provides variable standoff and eliminates the need for shims or additional framing components.
The clip easily fastens to the floor/ceiling beam and is secured to the stud with ClarkDietrich Proprietary Deflection Screws. The clip restricts lateral movement, but enables vertical building movement.
- Ideal for variable standoff conditions
- Vertical movement up to 2-1/4” (1-1/8” up and 1-1/8” down)
- Proprietary Deflection Screws (included) provide frictionless slip connection
- Available in right and left versions
It is the responsibility of the design professional to detail the attachment of the clips and verify that their capacity meets the requirements of the intended application.
Allowable Clip loads based on using the following attachments to the structure:
- Clip attachment to structure by others
(Allowable loads based on stud connection only)
- Attachment to structure using welds
- Attachment to structure using 1/4-28 Fasteners into steel
- Attachment to structure using #12-24 Fasteners into steel
- Attachment to structure using PAFs into steel
- Attachment to structure using HILTI KWIK into concrete
Connection to the building can be made with screws, powder-actuated fasteners (PAFs), or by welding. Mechanical fasteners shall be located in the pilot holes. (2) FastClip Deflection Screws are required in each slot to attach the clip to the cold-formed steel framing. Screws shall be placed in the slot with 1" center-to-center spacing using guide lines as a reference.
Proprietary Deflection Screws
Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our Proprietary Deflection Screw that has been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|FTSC3-97||Flat Tail™ Slide Clip|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.