Facilitates the rapid erection of structural wall framing
ClarkDietrich TradeReady® Spazzer® 5400 spacer bar is a pre-notched, 16-gauge or 18-gauge, galvanized steel spacer and bridging bar, engineered to facilitate the rapid, efficient erection of exterior curtain wall framing, loadbearing walls and high interior partitions constructed of structural studs.
Until now, most bridging in steel studs was accomplished with cold-rolled channel that required bridging clips or welding.
The Spazzer bridging bar is equipped with proprietary prepunched slots that reduce installation costs up to 40% and provide excellent torsional and lateral stud restraint. The Spazzer Bar Guard™ , Spazzer Bar Fly Clip (SFLY) or the Spazzer Snap-In Grommet should be used to secure the Spazzer bar when used in load-bearing applications.
- Saves up to 40% in combined labor and material costs.
- Prenotched at 12", 16" and 24" intervals, so no layout is needed.
- Eliminates clip angles and the labor required to install them.
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Gauge||Mils||Design thickness (in)||Size (in)||Packaging Pcs./Skid||Packaging Pcs./Skid|
|SPZS-54||16||54||0.0566||1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 50||20||680|
|SPZS-43||18||43||0.0451||1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 50||20||680|
Coating: CP60 per ASTM C955
Yield Strength: 50ksi
Spazzer 5400 Bar Design Information
- Spazzer 5400 (SPZS-54) 16GA (Design Tables, Allowable Loads & Design Examples)
- Spazzer 5400 (SPZS-43) 18GA (Design Tables, Allowable Loads & Design Examples)
The TradeReady Spazzer 5400 bar is passed through the stud knockouts and rotated 90° into position, engaging each side of the knockout. For load-bearing studs, the Spazzer 5400 bar guard, Spazzer Bar Fly Clip (SFLY) or the Spazzer snap-in grommet is required. Both require screws to keep the bar in place. The TradeReady Spazzer 5400 bar should be installed at a maximum 4' o.c. vertically or per specification, and should not be used in studs over 8" wide.
The TradeReady Spazzer 5400 bar is passed through the stud knockouts and rotated 90° into position, engaging each side of the knockout. For 20 gauge studs, the Spazzer 5400 bar guard, Spazzer Bar Fly Clip (SFLY) and the Spazzer snap-in grommet (both require screws to keep the bar in place) must be used. The TradeReady Spazzer 5400 bar should be installed at maximum 5' o.c. vertically or per specification, and should not be used in studs over 8" wide.
Note: The Spazzer 5400 is not designed for use with 12 ga and heavier structural studs
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|SPZS-54||Spazzer® 5400 Spacing and Bridging Bar|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.