Multiple perforations along the 1-1/4" flanges enhance joint compound bonding. The pronounced nose provides a ground to help the finisher achieve precise finishing depth.
Vinyl is dent resistant, rust proof and maintains shape with no sharp edges or burrs when field cut. All vinyl products readily accept finish treatments such as paint and spray or roll-on textures. Easily cut with scissors, snips or utility knives.
When installing the drywall, use the minimum drywall setback on the PRO-90 Corner Bead to ensure the proper fit and to achieve maximum adhesion. Avoid using the tapered edge of the drywall board on outside corners. Measure and cut the corner bead to length, subtract 1/2” for vertical applications. Dry fit the PRO-90 Corner Bead to ensure the optimum fit.
For optimal results spray the drywall surface and the flanges of the PRO-90 Corner Bead with spray adhesive and position the corner bead into place. Once in position, apply pressure with handle of your taping knife and then staple the corner bead every 6”– 8” with ½” staples to keep the PRO-90 Corner Bead tight to the drywall surface and to ensure a solid bond.
Using an 8” taping knife, apply the first coat of joint compound to the surface of the PRO-90 Corner Bead. The use of lightweight compound or setting-type compound will reduce shrinkage and speed up the drying time. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
Using a 10” taping knife, apply the final coat of joint compound. Feather the compound beyond the previous coat. The use of all-purpose compound or topping compound will make for a more durable finish. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
Lightly sand with 120 grit sandpaper to finish.
- ASTM C840 Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board
- ASTM C841 Standard Specification for Installation of Interior Lathing and Furring
- ASTM C1047 Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM D1784 Standard Classification System and Basis for Specification for Rigid Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D3678 Standard Specification for Rigid Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Interior - Profile Extrusions
- SDS Vinyl Corp PVC Compounds
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|PRO-90||PRO-90 Corner Bead|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.