Big-Stick installs fast and clean for outside 90º corners. The impact-resistant nose is ideal for high traffic areas where bumps and dents to corners most commonly occur. Big-Stick resists dents and paint chipping, cuts easily with a utility knife or scissors, applies with all-purpose joint compound, and will not rust.
- Vertical or horizontal outside 90° corners
- Provides a beautiful corner without fuzz-up during finishing and sanding
- Spans over large gaps without shrinking
- Easiest corner bead on the market to install or repair
- Second coat of compound can be applied immediately – very light skim coat to finish
- Measure wall height and subtract 1/2”. Measure and cut Big-Stick using a scissors or utility knife. Cut the ends of Big-Stick at a 45° angle.
- With a 4” or 5” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of all-purpose compound to corner.
- Press Big-Stick into the wet compound. Adjust if necessary to create a straight line.
- Wipe down tight with taping knife using a little additional pressure on the outer edges of Big- Stick. Immediately apply a light skim coat of compound over surface. Wipe down tight and smooth. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- With a 6” or 8” taping knife, apply your final coat of compound feathering the compound beyond previous coat. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper. Big-Stick will not fuzz-up like paper or mesh tapes.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from weather and moisture.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|BS300-8, BS300-9, BS300-10, BS300-12||Strait-Flex Big-Stick|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.