Paper-faced beads are available in several different widths to suit most wallboard applications. Wider flange beads are used to cover imperfect corners, while shorter flanges are used to achieve maximum efficiency.
Paper-faced beads virtually eliminate corner cracks, edge chips and nail pops. These beads are applied using joint compound that embeds the paper bead to the wallboard paper. No mechanical fasteners like nails, screws, staples or crimps are used. Paper-faced beads save on materials by reducing the amount of joint compound and fasteners required, as well as lowering labor costs by eliminating one pass of finishing.
- Does not require mechanical fastening (no nails, staples, screws or crimps)
- Will not fuzz-up when sanded
- Superior adhesion and bonding strength
- Joint compound not required over the nose due to paintable paper
- U.S. Patent Nos. 5,613,335 and 5,836,122
Material: 0.0125 galvanized coating
Product Data & Ordering Information
|CD1-SWE||B1 Super Wide||Super
|5/8"||1- 1/8"||1- 1/8"||5/8"||50|
Standard lengths are 8' and 10'. Other lengths available.
Picture shown is standard leg.
- Measure the wall height and subtract ½”. Measure and cut paper-faced corner bead using aviator snips.
- With a 4” or 5” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of all-purpose joint compound to the corner.
- Press paper-faced bead firmly into the wet compound. Adjust, if necessary, to create a straight line.
- Wipe down tight with a 5” or 6” taping knife using pressure on the outer edges of the corner bead to remove any excess compound. Allow this to dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
- Using an 8” taping knife, apply the first coat of joint compound to the surface of the corner bead. The use of lightweight or setting-type compound in this step will reduce shrinkage and speed up drying time. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
- Using an 8” or 10” taping knife, apply a light finish coat of joint compound. Feather the compound beyond the previous coat. The use of all-purpose or topping compound will make for a more durable finish. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
- Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper.
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet
|CD1-WU||Paper-Faced Corner Bead|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.