Paper-faced beads are available in several different widths to suit most wallboard applications. Wider flange beads are used to cover imperfect corners, while shorter flanges are used to achieve maximum efficiency.
Paper-faced beads virtually eliminate corner cracks, edge chips and nail pops. These beads are applied using joint compound that embeds the paper bead to the wallboard paper. No mechanical fasteners like nails, screws, staples or crimps are used. Paper-faced beads save on materials by reducing the amount of joint compound and fasteners required, as well as lowering labor costs by eliminating one pass of finishing.
- Does not require mechanical fastening (no nails, staples, screws or crimps)
- Impervious to “scuffing” and "fluffing-up”
- Will not be damaged by sanding
- Superior adhesion, bonding and paintability
- Does not require nose coating
- U.S. Patent Nos. 5,613,335 and 5,836,122
Material: 0.0125 galvanized coating