Fast Strut™ products are available in standard lengths of 12-1/4" and 15-1/4" and custom lengths of up to 24" long to allow framing attachment well beyond the perimeter of the structural steel or when the spandrel beams are set back from the edge of the structure. Struts are attached to the underside of structural members with screws, welds, or powder-actuated fasteners. Proprietary Deflection Screws are provided with each strut to ensure friction-free sliding. Each strut is also embossed with fastening patterns to ensure accurate placement of fasteners.
- Vertical movement up to 2-1/2" (1-1/4" up and 1-1/4" down).
- Allows for standoff from the primary frame.
- Proprietary Deflection Screws (included) provide frictionless slip connection.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,688,069
Connections to the building can be made with screws, powder-actuated fasteners, drill-in concrete anchors or welding. Mechanical fasteners shall be equally spaced along the scored line of the 2" flange. The strut must engage the building structure a minimum of 4". When using tabulated allowable loads, connections to the building structure must be made according to the table notes. Three FastClip™ Deflection screws are used to attach the strut to the cold-formed steel framing. Screws shall be driven through the slotted holes and positioned to allow for the appropriate building deflection.
Proprietary Deflection Screws
Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our Proprietary Deflection Screws that has been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.