Traditional cold-rolled Channel (CRC) for bridging
ClarkDietrich U-Channel or Cold Rolled Channel (CRC) are one of the most common bridging methods used to provide resistance to stud rotation and minor axis bending under wind and axial loads.
ClarkDietrich U-Channel or Cold Rolled Channel (CRC), attached to the studs with clips or weld, are one of the most common bridging methods used to provide resistance to stud rotation and minor axis bending under wind and axial loads. 1-1/2" U-Channel is passed through the stud knockout and secured with ClarkDietrich's FastBridge Clip, SwiftClip™ (L-Series) or EasyClip™ (U-Series™) Clip Angles and screws. Lateral bracing is typically installed at a maximum of 48" O.C. Consult ClarkDietrich’s Technical Services for proper spacing. Welding U-Channel to the stud is acceptable but should not be used in studs wider than 6".
- Clip Angles must be used with screws to brace cold-formed framing properly. U-Channel does not provide proper bracing if it is not adequately attached to the framing member.
- Extreme care should be taken in the quality of the weld. If the weld burns through or does not penetrate, the U-channel will not be effective.
U-Channel used in a Drop Ceiling Assembly
ClarkDietrich U-Channels are used in drop ceiling assemblies by suspending them from the overhead structure using hanger wire. Drywall furring channel is commonly clipped with metal furring channel clips or wire-tied perpendicular to the underside of the U-Channel at appropriate intervals for screw-attaching drywall. Assemblies are installed per the project specification or ASTM C 754 requirements.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards:
Calculated properties are based on:
- AISI S100-16 North American Specification for the Design of CFS Structural Members
- AISI S240-15 - North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing
- SDS & Product Certification Information
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.