Designed especially for commercial construction, Twin Trac has all the enhanced features of regular Structalath with the addition of eight secondary cold-rolled longitudinal wires that add strength to form a ‘track’ for convenient attachment. Twin Trac can be substituted wherever 2.5 metal lath has been specified. Structalath Twin Trac 2.5/316 is a reduced furr version that is used with 1/2″ stucco systems.
Structa Wire products are sold by ClarkDietrich in markets East of the Rocky Mountains. For all inquiries in the Rocky Mountain region and Westward, please reach out to Structa Wire Corp. for service.
- Twin Trac is the only welded wire lath specifically designed to meet the challenges faced by commercial lathing contractors
- It is designed to provide easy attachment for both steel and wood-stud construction
- The innovative use of longitudinal wires create a series of eight 3/16″ spacing bands that act as a continuous washer. This design allows for the easy penetration of self-tapping screws, hand nails and a flat base for automatic staples, making application easier and faster
- Flat wires provide a pressure seal at the fastener point, reducing water leakage
- Twin Trac provides a minimum of 28 rugged furring points per square foot that ensure both superior embedment and crack resistance
Easy Embedment System (EES) Overview
Downloadable CAD details are available in the Resources tab
ClarkDietrich Embedment Video White Paper
Stucco embedment is critical to providing enduring cladding performance on a building’s plaster/stucco walls. Embedment is a function of application whereby the lathing material is covered by the plaster. The greater the level of embedment, the less likely the wall system is to be faced with cracking, moisture penetration, rusting, and other issues. This white paper will discuss several considerations around different attributes of lathing products and their effect on embedment.
- ASTM A641 Standard Specification for Zinc–Coated (Galvanized) Carbon Steel Wire
- ASTM C933 Standard Specification for Welded Wire Lath
- ASTM C1063 Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1780 Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- IBC 2507 IBC Chapter 25 gypsum board gypsum panel products and plaster
- IRC R703.7.1 IRC Chapter 7 Wall Covering
- IAPMO ER-2017 Metal Lath
- SDS StructaWire for StructaWire products
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|Twin Trac 2.5
|Twin Trac 2.5# (1/4” Standard Furring)
|Twin Trac 2.5/316 Furr
|Twin Trac 2.5/316
“316” = 3/16” reduced furring for 1-coat stucco applications
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.