Designed especially for commercial construction, Twin Trac has all the enhanced features of regular Structalath with the addition of eight secondary cold-rolled longitudinal wires that add strength to form a ‘track’ for convenient attachment. Twin Trac can be substituted wherever 2.5 metal lath has been specified. Structalath Twin Trac 316 is a reduced furr version that is used with 1/2″ stucco systems. It is also available in Stainless Steel.
- Twin Trac is the only welded wire lath specifically designed to meet the challenges faced by commercial lathing contractors
- It is designed to provide easy attachment for both steel and wood-stud construction
- The innovative use of longitudinal wires create a series of eight 3/16″ spacing bands that act as a continuous washer. This design allows for the easy penetration of self-tapping screws, hand nails and a flat base for automatic staples, making application easier and faster
- Flat wires provide a pressure seal at the fastener point, reducing water leakage
- Twin Trac provides a minimum of 28 rugged furring points per square foot that ensure both superior embedment and crack resistance
STORAGE OF STRUCTA WIRE LATH PRODUCTS
All Structa Wire lath products are galvanized in accordance with ASTM standards and building codes. However, if any galvanized products are not stored correctly and come in contact with moisture for extended periods during storage, they can be affected by corrosion, starting with white rust and potentially progressing to red rust.
Structa laths are shipped on pallets and wrapped with plastic shrink wrap. The shrink wrap serves
a double purpose – to secure the rolls together, and to the pallet, to prevent shifting of the rolls
during shipment and warehousing; and secondly to protect the pack from exposure to rain.
However, in certain climatic situations, condensation can form inside the shrink wrap and be in
contact with the wire lath.
Structa Wire recommends that their products be stored undercover in a clean and dry environment, free of any chemical interaction.
Pallets of the product should be inspected weekly. If condensation is evident on the inside of
the plastic, a strip of the wrap should be removed near the top tier to allow the condensation
to dry out.
If the condensation persists, greater sections of the wrap should be removed and the pallet moved indoors so that the material will dry out. It is important that the lath is kept dry and not in contact with moisture for extended periods.
By taking these precautions, Structa lath products can be stored for extended periods without deterioration, and be in excellent condition to fulfill their role as a long term stucco lathing material.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|Twin Trac 316||Twin Trac 316
“316” = 3/16” reduced furring for 1-coat stucco applications
|Twin Trac 2.5||Twin Trac 2.5#|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.