The slotted edge design facilitates a superior bond to the drywall substrate, providing clean corners without paper fuzz-up during finishing and sanding. Medium is ideal for bay windows, coffered ceilings, or any inside corner where gaps are present. Apply with all-purpose joint compound.
- Twice as fast and twice as strong as conventional paper or mesh tapes
- Inside corners where small gaps in drywall are present
- Inside 90° corners where a small fill or minor straightening is required, no back-filling needed
- Great for vertical and wall-to-ceiling inside corners, inside angles of bay windows
- Cut Medium to the desired length and trim the ends at 45-degree angles. Fold Medium in half at the center crease with the print sides facing each other. For inside corners, fold less than the desired angle with the print side facing out.
- Apply all-purpose compound to the corner. Press Medium into the wet compound, adjust to create a straight line, and wipe down with a taping knife.
- A second coat can be applied immediately. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
- With a 6”or 8” taping knife, apply your final coat of compound, feathering the compound beyond the previous coat. For inside corners, a very light coat of compound is all that’s needed. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
- Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper. Medium will not fuzz-up like paper or mesh tapes.
- Use a stainless steel mud pan to carry and re-mix compound as you work. Keeping your compound smooth and free of air pockets and dried clumps of compound will deliver a smooth finish.
- Have a five gallon bucket of water with a durable sponge handy for cleaning tools.
- When painting, apply a base coat of drywall primer to seal the compound and assure an even paint finish.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from weather and moisture.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.