Designed for fast, flat, butt-joints
Vertical and horizontal butt-joints and commercial “Top-Out” applications.
Butt-Tape is twice as fast as conventional tapes and two times stronger than paper or mesh tape. No compound required over laminated area of tape - just skim coat edges. Apprentices and professional tapers can achieve the flattest butt-joints possible. Leaves butt-joints virtually non-noticable.
- Vertical and horizontal butt-joints
- Commercial "Top-Out" applications
- 50% less compound. 50% less sanding. 50% faster drying time.
- Cracked butt-joints and stress cracks
- No pre-filling required, no delayed shrinkage
- No beading or paint blisters
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Width||Length||Wholesale Case|
- Apply all-purpose joint compound to butt-joint with a 5” or 6” taping knife. Press Butt-Tape into wet compound by hand. Adjust center line of tape to center over joint.
- Wipe down edges. Immediately apply a coat of compound with an 8” or 10” taping knife to each edge of Butt-Tape. Let dry.
- Apply second coat with 10” or 12” taping knife to each edge of Butt-Tape. Let dry and sand.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM C1047 Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- SDS Strait-Flex - Butt Tape For Butt Tape
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from weather and moisture.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|BT-100, BT-200||Strait-Flex® Butt-Tape|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.