composite arched corner BEAD
Designed for outside 90° arched corners, eliminating flat spots.
Arch-Stick is designed for outside 90-degree arched corners, eliminating flat spots. A tempered steel wire in the nose easily forms and holds the shape allowing for ease of installation and eliminating flat spots in the arch. Apply with all-purpose joint-compound.
- Tear strips reduces transportation damage and is designed to make curved to straight transitions unnoticeable
- Composite nose resists dents and provides a beautiful corner without fuzz-up during finishing and sanding
- Arched doors and windows
- Curved walls, ceilings, soffits, staircases, and groin barrel ceilings
- Free-form, custom drywall applications where a seamless installation is required
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Width||Length||Wholesale Case|
|AS-8||3-3/8"||8'||25pcs (200 lf)||32|
|AS-10||10'||25pcs (250 lf)||32|
- Measure entire curved application. Using Arch-Stick as a ruler, cut to length plus 1 inch.
- Remove tear strip by folding along perforations and pulling. For a perfect straight-to-curve transition, leave tear strip intact in straight areas. When transitions occur between curved and straight areas.
- With a 4” or 5” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of compound to corner.
- Press Arch-Stick firmly into compound to form a uniform curve.
- Where material meets, or for irregular framing, use thumb tacks, small nails, or paper tape to hold Arch-Stick in place to ensure a smooth arch.
- Wipe down tight and smooth with a 4” or 5” taping knife. Let dry for several hours or overnight.
- For high volume applications, use BSR-300 Rolling Tool for fast installation and squaring up corner beads.
- Apply a fill coat of compound feathering the compound beyond the previous coat. Fill coat can be applied immediately after applying, if desired. Lightweight compound used in this step makes sanding much easier. Let dry for several hours or overnight.
- Apply finish coat. Let dry for several hours or overnight.
- Sand lightly with 150 grit sandpaper. Arch-Stick will not fuzz-up like other paper-faced arched products.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM C1047 Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- SDS Strait-Flex - Arch Stick - Big Stick For Arch Stick - Big Stick
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from weather and moisture.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|AS-8, AS-10||Strait-Flex Arch-Stick|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.