DESIGNED FOR COMPOUND ARCHES AND DOUBLE CURVE APPLICATIONS
Arch-Flex is designed for compound arches and double curve applications, including arched windows and doors, ceilings, soffits, staircases, barrel vaults, groin cathedrals; even taping around circular ducts.
Tear strips allow for straight-to-curve transitions in tight radiuses where conventional tapes show dents, paint chipping, shrinking and cracking problems. Apply with all-purpose joint-compound.
- Arched windows and doors, tight radius curves, and free-form curves
- Curved walls, ceilings, soffits, staircases, barrel vaults, and groin cathedral ceilings
- Installs using standard compounds. No special tools or fasteners needed
- Taping around circular air ducts
- Produces smooth, professional-looking curves. Tear strips allow for easy straight-to-curve transitions.
- Resists dents, paint chipping, shrinkage, and common cracking problems
- Fold Arch-Flex in half at center crease. To ensure Arch-Flex lays flat on wall, fold less than desired angle for inside corners. For outside corners, fold more than desired angle.
- Remove the tear strip by folding along perforation and pulling. For straight-to-curve transitions, remove the tear strip by folding along perforation and only for the curved area. Leave tear strip intact for the non-curved areas.
- With a 4”or 5” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of all-purpose compound to corner.
- Press Arch-Flex firmly into compound to form a uniform curve.
- Wipe down tight and smooth with a 4”or 5” taping knife. Let dry completely.
- Apply a fill coat of compound feathering the compound beyond the previous coat. Fill coat can be applied immediately after applying Arch-Flex. Lightweight compound used in this step makes sanding much easier. Let dry completely.
- Apply finish coat. Let dry completely.
- Sand lightly: 100-150 grit sandpaper (with finish coat of all-purpose compound) or 120-200 grit sandpaper (with finish coat of lightweight compound). Arch-Flex will not fuzz-up like other paper-faced arched products.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from weather and moisture.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|AF-50, AF-100||Strait-Flex Arch-Flex|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.