Provide for vertical building movement up to 3"
ClarkDietrich FastClip™ Slide Clip deflection clips are used to attach exterior curtain-wall studs to the building structure and provide for vertical building movement independent of the cold-formed steel framing.
A FastClip deflection clip installs quickly with screws or powder-actuated fasteners, and provides adjustable standoff to ensure a plumb wall plane. Proprietary Deflection Screws are provided with each clip to ensure friction-free sliding. Each clip is also embossed with fastening patterns to ensure accurate placement of fasteners.
- Vertical movement up to 3" (1-1/2" up and 1-1/2" down).
- 3-1/2" FastClip™ permits up to 1" of standoff from the primary frame.
- 5-1/2" FastClip™ permits up to 2" of standoff from the primary frame.
- Proprietary Deflection Screws (included) provide frictionless slip connection.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,688,069
FastClip 14GA system meets Intertek CCRR-0208 in compliance with the 2018, 2015 & 2012 International Building Code® (IBC) and International Residential Code® (IRC), as well as the 2017 Florida Building Code and 2016 California Building Code.
Check the updated list of Certified Production Facilities at Intertek's website at www.intertek.com/building/sfia
Meets SFIA Certification for Manufacturing Compliance Program for Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction.
Connections to the building can be made with screws, powder-actuated fasteners or drill-in concrete anchors. Mechanical fasteners shall be located on the embossed marks given on the scored line of the 1.5" flange. Two or three Proprietary Deflection Screws (based upon clip size) are used to attach the clip to the cold-formed steel framing. Screws shall be driven through the slotted holes and positioned to allow for the appropriate building deflection.
Proprietary Deflection Screws
Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our Proprietary Deflection Screw that has been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- Sheet steel meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM A1003
- Galvanized coating meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM A653
- FastClip 14GA system meets Intertek CCRR-0208 in compliance with the 2018, 2015 & 2012 International Building Code® (IBC) and International Residential Code® (IRC), as well as the 2017 Florida Building Code and 2016 California Building Code
- Complies with the SFIA Manufacturing Compliance Certification Program for Connectors
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|FCSC 3.5-68||FastClip™ Slide Clips x 3-1/2" long x 68mils (14ga)|
|FCSC 5.5-68||FastClip™ Slide Clips x 5-1/2" long x 68mils (14ga)|
|FCSC 5.5-97||FastClip™ Slide Clips x 5-1/2" long x 97mils (12ga)|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.