Provide for vertical building movement up to 3"
ClarkDietrich FastClip™ Slide Clip 68mils (14ga) deflection clips are used to attach exterior curtain-wall studs to the building structure and provide for vertical building movement independent of the cold-formed steel framing.
A FastClip deflection clip installs quickly with screws or powder-actuated fasteners, and provides adjustable standoff to ensure a plumb wall plane. FastClip Deflection Screws are provided with each clip to ensure friction-free sliding. Each clip is also embossed with fastening patterns to ensure accurate placement of fasteners.
- Vertical movement up to 3" (1-1/2" up and 1-1/2" down).
- 3-1/2" FastClip™ permits up to 1" of standoff from the primary frame.
- 5-1/2" FastClip™ permits up to 2" of standoff from the primary frame.
- FastClip™ Deflection Screws (included) provide frictionless slip connection.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,688,069
FastClip 14GA system meets Intertek CCRR-0208 in compliance with the 2018, 2015 & 2012 International Building Code® (IBC) and International Residential Code® (IRC), as well as the 2017 Florida Building Code and 2016 California Building Code.
Check the updated list of Certified Production Facilities at Intertek's website at www.intertek.com/building/sfia
Meets SFIA Certification for Manufacturing Compliance Program for Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction.
Connections to the building can be made with screws, powder-actuated fasteners or drill-in concrete anchors. Mechanical fasteners shall be located on the embossed marks given on the scored line of the 1.5" flange. Two or three FastClip™ Deflection Screws (based upon clip size) are used to attach the clip to the cold-formed steel framing. Screws shall be driven through the slotted holes and positioned to allow for the appropriate building deflection.
FastClip™ Deflection Screws
Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our proprietary FastClip fastener that has been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- Sheet steel meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM A1003
- Galvanized coating meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM A653
- FastClip 14GA system meets Intertek CCRR-0208 in compliance with the 2018, 2015 & 2012 International Building Code® (IBC) and International Residential Code® (IRC), as well as the 2017 Florida Building Code and 2016 California Building Code
- Complies with the SFIA Manufacturing Compliance Certification Program for Connectors
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|FCSC 3.5-68||FastClip™ Slide Clips x 3-1/2" long x 68mils (14ga)|
|FCSC 5.5-68||FastClip™ Slide Clips x 5-1/2" long x 68mils (14ga)|
|FCSC 5.5-97||FastClip™ Slide Clips x 5-1/2" long x 97mils (12ga)|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.