Provides either a rigid connection OR vertical building movement up to 3”.
Universal Bypass Clips are used to attach exterior curtain wall studs to the building structure and provide either a rigid connection or deflecting connection for vertical building movement independent of the cold-formed steel framing.
The clips are available in standard lengths of 6", 8”, 10” and 12” and are ideal for medium to larger standoff conditions. UNIVERSAL BYPASS CLIPS install quickly with screws, welds or powder-actuated fasteners, and provide adjustable standoff to ensure a plumb wall plane. For deflection application, proprietary deflection screws are provided with each clip to ensure friction-free sliding.
- Eliminates shims and scabs.
- Provides vertical movement up to 3" (1-1/2" up and 1-1/2" down) when installed as a deflection application.
- Specially designed to simplify welding installation.
- Fast, one-piece universal installation. No left or right handed clips.
- Proprietary deflection screws provide frictionless slip connections. One bag (80 screws) included.
Connections to the building can be made with screws, welds powder-actuated fasteners. Mechanical fasteners shall be located on the embossed marks given on the scored line of the 1-7/8" flange. Attach building anchors to the structure according to the manufacture’s instructions. Anchors shall be installed through the embossments on the scored line of the clip as shown on the attached drawings. In no case shall anchors be installed more than 3/4" from the bend on the short leg of the clip. In cases of discrepancy between this information and the Design Engineer’s details, the Design Engineer’s details shall be followed.
For a Rigid Connection:
Attach the Universal Bypass Clip to cold-formed steel framing members using (6) #10-16 minimum self-drilling screws (not included) for the 14ga clip and (6) #12-14 minimum self-drilling screws (not included) for the 12ga clip through the clip holes into the steel framing.
For a Deflection Connection:
Attach the Universal Bypass Clip to the cold-formed steel framing using (3) #14 proprietary deflection screws (included) through the (3) slotted holes and positioned to allow for the appropriate building deflection.
Proprietary Deflection Screws:
Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our proprietary deflection fastener that has been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- Intertek CCRR-0208 FastClip (FCSC) (FCEC) & Universal Bypass Clip (UBC)
- SFIA Connector Code Compliance Certification Program
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|UBC6-68||Universal Bypass Clip x 6" long x 14ga|
|UBC8-68||Universal Bypass Clip x 8" long x 14ga|
|UBC10-68||Universal Bypass Clip x 10" long x 14ga|
|UBC12-68||Universal Bypass Clip x 12" long x 14ga|
|UBC6-97||Universal Bypass Clip x 6" long x 12ga|
|UBC8-97||Universal Bypass Clip x 8" long x 12ga|
|UBC10-97||Universal Bypass Clip x 10" long x 12ga|
|UBC12-97||Universal Bypass Clip x 12" long x 12ga|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.