Grommets for Steel Wall Stud Framing
Grommets protect and isolate electrical wiring and plumbing from contacting metal.
- Snaps quickly into stud knockout
- Prevents/eliminates pipe rattle
- Standard grommets fit all size studs except 1-5/8" and 2-1/2"
- Use the Snap-In bushing for 1-5/8" and 2-1/2" wall framing
- Grommets are packaged 100 pieces per bag or in boxes of 500
Grommets snap easily into stud knockouts and are used to protect electrical wiring and plumbing lines from directly contacting metal. Grommets must be used in construction when metal conduit is not required by building code.
Install grommets in all stud knockouts where wiring and plumbing lines will be inserted. Use the Snap-In Bushing for 1-5/8" and 2-1/2" wall studs and the standard 2-piece grommet for all wall studs 3-1/2" and wider.
Install the Snap-In Bushing by pressing the bushing into the stud knockout. Make sure to engage the bushing lips to secure into place.
Install the standard 2-Piece Grommet by first opening the grommet as illustrated above. Insert one side of the grommet through the knockout. Snap the grommet together so it engages with the metal sandwiched between the two plastic halves.