Used to relieve expansion and contraction stresses
Vinyl 093 Control Joint (VLCJ) (formerly known as CJV-16 or CVJT) is applied between abutting gypsum panels and is used to relieve stresses of expansion and contraction of drywall in large ceiling and wall expanses over 30'. Control joints are installed from door header to ceiling, from floor to ceiling in long partition runs and from wall to wall in large ceiling areas.
Plastic tape protects 1/4" opening x 7/16" deep reveal and is removed after compound is applied and finished. Where sound transmission is a consideration, an approved seal must be provided behind control joint. Use metal control joints wherever fire ratings are a concern.
- Use with drywall or veneer plaster.
- Moisture resistant and rust proof.
- Maintains profile after cutting.
- Perforations enhance compound adhesion.
Material: 0.028 PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
Product Data & Ordering Information
For additional vinyl profile sizes visit Vinyl Corp™ Corner Bead web page.
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM D3678 Class 2 materials
- Installation: ASTM C840 & C841 (Interior Finishes)
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.