This allows the installer to create a “gap” on the wall without the hassle of aligning it in the field, thereby saving time and materials.
Features / Benefits:
- Combination Bead - Reduces steps in the field installation of casing bead and separate backer rod. Ensures backer rod is installed around all door and window openings.
- Improved Quality - Factory-applied blue backer rod with preset width and depth to ensure proper caulk gap for sealant application. When the gap is properly caulked, the blue backer rod will no longer be visible.
- Separation of Dissimilar Materials - Properly terminates stucco and mortar at window and door frames.
- Sealant Compatibility - Closed-cell backer rod compatible with elastomeric and other cold-applied sealants.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- Vinyl Material: Complies with ASTM D1784 and ASTM C1063, Table 1, PVC for exterior use.
- Backer Rod: Closed cell material per ASTM C1330, square, flexible continuous lengths of extruded polyethylene foam used as a backing material.
- Tensile Strength (ASTM D 5249) …5.5 psi, 38.2 (kPa)
- Density (ASTM D1622)…..1.3-2.3 lb/cu.ft., 20-37 kg/cu.mtr (avg.)
- BackerBead components are chemically Inert & virtually dust free
- SDS & Product Certification Information
Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions on ClarkDietrich's vinyl products.