Floor joists connection to structural steel beams or CFS headers
The Universal Joist Hangers (UJH) are used to connect joists to CFS headers and steel I-beams.
The Universal Joist Hangers (UJH) 68mils (14ga) or 97mils (12ga) are used to connect joists to CFS headers (with screws, welds or PAF fasteners) and steel I-beams (with welds or PAF fasteners). The UJH is sized to fit joist sizes from 8" to 14" deep.
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Mils||Gauge||Design Thickness||Pcs./Bkt|
Material Structural Grade 50 Type H (ST50H), 50ksi
Coating G90 (Z275) hot-dipped galvanized coating
See submittals for product weights
Clip to Joist Attachment:
- The joist flange must rest on top of the Universal Joist Hanger as shown in the image to the right. Attach the UJH hanger with specified number of #10 or #14 screws as listed in the table below under the Joist column.
Clip attachment to CFS Header:
- Attach the UJH hanger to the top and side (face) of the CFS Header with specified number of #10 screws as listed in the table below.
Clip attachment to Structural Beam:
- Welded Connection:
The minimum required weld to the top flange is 2" fillet weld to each side of top flange. Special considerations must be taken when welding galvanized steel.
- PAF (Powder Actuated Fasteners):
For powder actuated fasteners attachment (PAF, 0.157"), steel headers shall have minimum 3/16" thickness and minimum yield strength of 36 ksi.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|UJH-68||Universal Joist Hanger|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.