Vinyl L-Bead with Compressible Foam
UltraBEAD, when used in conjunction with UltraTRAK slotted deflection track or Deep Leg deflection tracks, provides joint protection up to ¾” for a 1 or 2 HR concrete deck Head of Wall Joint System at 60% compression.
UltraBEAD creates an easy attachment that is attained with staples through the bead flange. Multiple perforations along the 1-1/8" flange enhance strong compound adhesion and the raised shoulder provides for a flush finish. Rigid vinyl is rust proof, dent resistant and easy to field cut without distorting the profile or leaving sharp edges and burrs. UltraBEAD is also available with Rip Bead® to create a crisp finished edge Composite Firestop/Framing for use in fire-resistant joint systems in or between fire-resistance-rated walls and floor/ceiling or roof/ceiling assemblies. Many assemblies can also be used in smoke barriers with tested air leakage (L ratings) well below the code defined maximum of 5 cfm per linear foot.
When used in conjunction with UltraTRAK or deep leg deflection track, the UltraBEAD is UL 2079-Fifth Edition compliant. Provides joint protection up to ¾” with various compression extension ratios per the listing.
U.S. Patent Pending
- Splices in the UltraBEAD assembly shall be offset a min of 12" from joints in the Top Track.
- UltraBEAD is to be installed on both sides of wall.
- UltraBEAD horizontal flange to be applied over the top face of the gypsum base, ensuring horizontal and vertical flanges are in contact gypsum base.
- Factory edges have 1/4" of foam overhanging the UltraBEAD, splices are aligned and tightly butted together so foam is compressed, and vinyl L-beads are touching.
- Field splices are cut square with 1/4 in. foam overhang, aligned, and tightly butted together so foam is compressed, and vinyl L-beads are touching.
- Cut to length with a fine-toothed hacksaw or chop saw.
- Make sure to cut ends square (to be butted tightly when spliced)
- Attach UltraBEAD to the gypsum base with 9/16 in (16mm) type G staples, or equivalent, spaced 12 in. (305 m) o.c. maximum along the flange.
- Repeat until all joints have been filled with the UltraBEAD.
- A layer of tape and joint compound may be applied over the UltraBEAD with tape lapping onto the wall only.
- UL Listing HW-D-0924
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM D3678 Class 2 materials
- Installation: ASTM C840 & C841 (Interior Finishes)
- SFO compressible semi-closed foam per ASTM D1056-07
- IBC requires that fire-resistant joint systems be tested in accordance with the requirements of UL 2079-Fifth Edition
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|UltraBEAD||Vinyl L-Bead with Compressible Foam|
UltraBEAD Deflection Track Submittal Packages:
- UltraTRAK slotted system
- Deep Leg delflection track with UltraBEAD (Structural)
- Deep Leg deflection drywall ProTrak with UltraBead (Non-Structural)
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.