Structalath reduces cracking and increases stucco embedment while being easy to install, enhancing worker satisfaction and productivity. Structalath 316 is a version of our regular Structalath with a reduced furr depth of 3/16" for use in One Coat systems.
Structa Wire products are sold by ClarkDietrich in markets East of the Rocky Mountains. For all inquiries in the Rocky Mountain region and Westward, please reach out to Structa Wire Corp. for service.
- Structalath provides excellent reinforcing value and crack resistance
- It mobilizes all wires to provide a reinforcing truss
- Welded joints provide structural integrity and superior stiffness
- Square openings at 1-1/2" provide crack-bridging capability
- Furring pattern allows excellent keying in the stucco
PATENTED COLD-ROLLED TECHNOLOGY
- Cold-rolled technology delivers flattened, longitudinal wires, unique to Structalath products, for greater strength
- Flat, longitudinal wires mean that the roll of wires does not ‘spring back’ when unrolled, for ease of installation and enhanced worker safety
- The cold rolled process increases tensile and breaking load of the wire
- The wires in our product are aligned with the stress direction, resulting in the utilization of the full tensile strength of the wires
Easy Embedment System (EES) Overview
Downloadable CAD details are available in the Resources tab
ClarkDietrich Embedment Video White Paper
Stucco embedment is critical to providing enduring cladding performance on a building’s plaster/stucco walls. Embedment is a function of application whereby the lathing material is covered by the plaster. The greater the level of embedment, the less likely the wall system is to be faced with cracking, moisture penetration, rusting, and other issues. This white paper will discuss several considerations around different attributes of lathing products and their effect on embedment.
- ASTM A641 Standard Specification for Zinc–Coated (Galvanized) Carbon Steel Wire
- ASTM C933 Standard Specification for Welded Wire Lath
- ASTM C1063 Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- IBC 2507 IBC Chapter 25 gypsum board gypsum panel products and plaster
- IAPMO ER-2017 Metal Lath
- IRC R703.7.1 IRC Chapter 7 Wall Covering
- SDS StructaWire for StructaWire products
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|Structalath III||Structalath III (Stucco Reinforcing)|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.