Designed to replace tear-off bead
Edge-Tape creates clean, straight edges, is twice as fast, and uses half the compound compared to tear-off bead.
Strait-Flex Edge-Tape is designed to replace tear-off bead. It is installed by the finisher and not by the carpenter; and is installed with standard compounds. The tape’s outer edge features a diamond punch pattern for a superior bond, faster drying, with no rippling or blistering.
- Window returns, sky lights, fiberglass tubs. Commercial “Top Out” applications where drywall meets concrete ceiling/deck
- Twice as fast and uses half the compound vs tear-off beads
- 100 foot roll reduces waste by up to 20%, easily transported
- Installs using standard compound; no spray adhesive or fasteners required
- Finisher can pre-fill edge, install Edge-Tape, and fill coat in one trip to the wall
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Width||Length||Wholesale Case|
- With a 4” or 5” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of compound to drywall edge.
- Press Edge-Tape into the wet compound. Adjust if necessary to create a straight line. Wipe down tight with taping knife using a little additional pressure on the outer edges of Edge-Tape.
- Immediately apply a light skim coat of compound over perforated edge. Wipe down smooth. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- With 6” or 8” taping knife, apply your final coat of compound feathering the compound beyond previous coat. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper. Edge-Tape will not fuzz-up like paper or mesh tapes.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM C1047 Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- SDS Strait-Flex - Paper-Faced Composite For Mid-Flex 250, Mid-Flex 300, Wide-Flex 400, Edge Tape
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from weather and moisture.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.