Repairs persistant cracks in corners and on flat surfaces
Tested to be two times stronger than paper or mesh tapes.
Strait-Flex Crack-Tape repairs difficult stress cracks on flat surfaces and corners. Tested to be two times stronger than paper or mesh tapes, Crack-Tape repairs stress cracks and cracks due to truss uplift. Crack-Tape resists blisters, tears, shrinkage, wrinkles, and cuts easily with a scissors or utility knife.
- Drywall and plaster cracks and truss uplift repairs
- Persistent cracks
- Thin coat plaster applications
- Two times stronger than paper or mesh tapes
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Width||Length||Wholesale Case|
- Run your taping knife over the surface of the damaged area to remove any loose plaster or drywall debris. Measure damaged area and cut Crack-Tape using a scissors or utility knife. For corner applications, fold in half at center crease and adjust to desired angle. Properly mix all-purpose compound or quick-set joint compound per manufacturer’s directions. If applying Crack-Tape over painted surfaces, add Strait-Flex Super-Bond to enhance bondability.
- With a 5” or 6” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of all-purpose compound to corner.
- Press Crack-Tape into the wet compound. Adjust if necessary to create a straight line.
- Wipe down tight to surface with taping knife using even pressure.
- Immediately apply a light skim coat of compound over surface of Crack-Tape. Wipe down smooth. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- Use taping knife to detect and remove any high spots or dried clumps of compound.
- With a 6” or 8” taping knife, apply a second coat of compound directly over Crack-Tape feathering the compound beyond previous coat. For drywall, lightweight compound used in this step makes sanding much easier. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- If further feathering is required, apply another coat of compound using a 6” or 8” taping knife. Extend the compound on both sides by starting from the middle of Crack-Tape. Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
- Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper. Crack-Tape will not fuzz-up like paper or mesh tapes.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM C1047 Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- SDS Strait-Flex - Joint Tape For Joint Tape
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from weather and moisture.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.