High-strength expanded metal mesh for walls and ceilings
Barrier Mesh™ is a tough, rigid, heavy-gauge steel mesh installed typically onto stud framing (both metal and wood), with gypsum sheathing applied to its surface to conceal the barrier mesh, thereby providing a significant barrier to security breach across that wall system. ClarkDietrich Building Systems’ Barrier Mesh™ (BM) can also be used without sheathing to provide an enhanced protection of security to walls, ceilings as well as floors. Barrier Mesh™ is produced in different size diamonds and gauges for minimum, medium or maximum security protection.
In addition to providing high-strength and fire-resistant protection, Barrier Mesh™ also offers a cost effective and time-saving alternative to reinforced concrete or concrete masonry systems. The Barrier Mesh™ System is designed to attach to metal or wood stud framing with specially designed Barrier Mesh™ clips, purchased with the Barrier Mesh and shipped together, as a system. ClarkDietrich mesh sheets are 4’x 8’ and sizes in chart below; special order mesh sizes available upon requests with additional lead-time.
- Protects against break-ins and break-outs on metal stud framing
- Ideal for use in lieu of reinforced concrete or concrete block
- High-strength and fire-resistant
- Made from carbon steel
- Permitted for use in UL – Wall Assemblies, see UL R19331 for full listing
Correctional facilities, Government offices, Retail stores, Computer rooms, Airport security, Law enforcement facilities, Military facilities or any space that requires substantial barrier protection.
Product Data & Ordering Information:
Material: Type II, Class 1 - Carbon Steel - Mesh, Complying to ASTM F1267
(Type II, Class 2 - Galvanized available by special order)
Sheet Size: 48” x 96”
Click the belowto view Tech Datasheet
|Overall Thickness||Diamond||Bond Size (Center-to-Center)||Weight lbs/100ft²||Percent of Open Area|
|BM50||18||.038"||1/2"||.500" x 1.26"||61||61|
|BM75||16||.048"||3/4"||.923" x 2.10"||47||76|
|BM10||16||.048"||1"||1.00" x 2.52"||38||80|
|BM15||16||.048"||1-1/2"||1.33" x 3.15"||35||82|
Custom designed Barrier Mesh Clip, specifically to be used when installing Barrier Mesh into walls and ceilings.
ClarkDietrich BM-Clips are high-strength steel components which provide secure attachment of Barrier Mesh™ metal panels to wood or steel stud framing for a complete Barrier Mesh™ System. The ClarkDietrich BM-Clips act as “washers” for the attachment of the Barrier Mesh to framing members. 300 clips/carton. BM-Clips are available upon request.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- ASTM F1267 – Standard Specification for Metal, Expanded, Steel
- Type II, Class 1 – Carbon Steel
- Type II, Class 2 – Galvanized
- Type II, Class 3 – Stainless Steel
- ASTM A1011/A1011M – Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Hot-Rolled, High-Strength Low-Alloy Carbon
- Expanded Metals Manufacturers Association - EMMA 557-15
- Permitted for use in UL – Wall Assemblies, see U419 (1-4 hours)
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather and surface contamination.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about ClarkDietrich's Barrier Mesh Products.