Designed for areas where the drywall is butted too close to slip the return leg over the raw edge of the drywall at ceilings, windows and other finished interior components. Features a 1/4" removable leg that acts as a protective mask for joint compound application and as a guide for the taping knife.
Rip-Bead® Flat L-Bead
Rip-Bead® Flat L-Bead
Cover raw edges of drywall
Designed for areas where the drywall is butted too close to slip the return leg over the raw edge of the drywall.
When installing, make sure the L-Bead is tight to the adjacent surface while maintaining a clean, straight installation. Avoid using the tapered edge of the drywall board for this application. Make sure the surface of the drywall is clean and smooth. Measure and cut the L-Bead to length, subtract ½” for vertical applications. Dry fit the Rip-Bead Flat L-Bead to ensure the optimum fit.
For optimal results spray the drywall surface and the flanges of the Rip-Bead Flat L-Bead with spray adhesive and position the bead into place. Once in position, apply pressure with the handle of your taping knife and then staple the corner bead every 6”– 8” with ½” staples to keep the L-Bead tight to the drywall surface.
Using a 6” taping knife, apply the first coat of joint compound to the surface of the Rip-Bead Flat L-Bead. The use lightweight compound or setting-type compound in this step will reduce shrinkage and speed up the drying time. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
Using an 8” taping knife, apply the final coat of joint compound. Feather the compound beyond the previous coat. The use of all-purpose compound or topping compound will make for a more durable finish. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
Gently remove the Rip Bead removable leg after the final coat of compound is completely dry and before sanding.
Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper to finish.
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM D1784 - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D3678 - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Interior Profile Extrusions
- Installation: ASTM C840 - Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet
|CT0-8, CT0-10||Rip-Bead® Flat L-Bead|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.