Paper-Faced Beads & Trims
Eliminates unsightly corner cracks, chips and nail pops
Platinum® paper-faced tape-on beads combine galvanized metal corner and edge protection with high-grade paper tape to provide cost-effective, problem-free outside drywall corner finishing. Paper-faced beads are available in a number of different widths to suit most wallboard applications. Wider flange beads are used to cover imperfect corners, while shorter flanges are used to achieve maximum efficiency.
Paper-faced beads virtually eliminate corner cracks, edge chips and nail pops. These beads are applied using joint compound that embeds the paper bead to the wallboard paper. No mechanical fasteners like nails, screws, staples or crimps are used. Although paper-faced beads do cost more compared to traditional metal and vinyl, they provide reduced labor and materials by reducing the amount of joint compound needed and also eliminate one pass of finishing.
- Substantially reduces joint compound consumption and eliminates one finish coat.
- Does not require mechanical fastening (no nails, staples, screws or crimps).
- Impervious to “scuffing” and “fluffing-up.”
- Will not be damaged by sanding.
- Superior adhesion, bonding and paintability.
- Does not require nose coating.
- U.S. Patent Nos. 5,613,335 and 5,836,122
Material: 0.0125 galvanized coating.
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||USG Reference*||Style||Dimensions||Wt./Ctn.||Pcs./Ctn.|
|P1UO||B1EL||Equal Leg||3/4"||3/4"||3/4"||3/4"||46 lbs.||50|
|P1XW||B1XW||Extra Wide||7/8"||5/8"||5/8"||3/4"||46 lbs.||50|
|P1XU||B1XW EL||Extra Wide Equal||7/8"||7/8"||5/8"||5/8"||53 lbs.||50|
|P1SU||B1 Super Wide||Super Wide Equal||1-1/8"||1-1/8"||5/8"||5/8"||66 lbs.||50|
All carton weights are calculated based on 10' lengths.
Standard lengths are 8' and 10'. Other lengths available.
Picture shown is standard leg.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- ASTM C1047
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
* ClarkDietrich Building Systems does not manufacture, license or sell products sold under the USG/Beadex product codes and that such codes are listed for cross reference/comparison purposes only.