SECURE AND HOLD DOWN SHEAR WALLS TO THE STRUCTURE FOUNDATION
ClarkDietrich holdowns provide cost-effective shearwall attachment and are used to transfer tension loads between floors or from structural members to the foundation.
Two-piece welded construction comes in three sizes for optimal performance. Installation is made easy with prepunched holes.
Material: 7 Gauge (179mil) with 1/2" bearing plate
ASTM: A36, A1011
Anchor hole size:
7/8" x 1-1/8" for CD8 & CD10
1" x 1-1/8" for CD15
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Simpson reference||Gauge||Mils||Design thickness (in)||Size (in)||Packaging|
|CD8||S/HD8S||7||179||0.188||2-5/8 x 11||Dependent on Order Quantity|
|CD10||S/HD10S||7||179||0.188||2-5/8 x 13-1/2|
|CD15||S/HD15S||7||179||0.188||2-5/8 x 19|
- Install the holdowns using anchor bolts or alternate anchorage calculated to resist the tension load for your specific application.
- Use steel nylon locking nuts or thread adhesive to minimize the chance of nut spin. Anchor bolt washer is not required.
- Secure the CD holdown to the steel framing member by filling all the prepunched holes with #14 screws to achieve listed capacities.
- Boundary members (back-to-back studs) shall be designed by a qualified professional. To tie back-to-back stud members together, the Designer must determine the fasteners required to bind members to act as one unit.
- CD holdowns can be welded per Designer's recommendation and specification.
- Welding procedures shall be qualified as specified in AWS D1.3.
- Welded connections used for cold-formed steel structural members in which the thickness of the thinnest connected part is 0.18 inch or less shall comply to AISI S100-2012 specification Section E2.
Reference section R603.9.4.2 of the International Residential Code (IRC) for holdown requirements in residential applications. Consult the engineer of record for commercial applications.