The FUS clips are available in standard lengths of 6" and 8” in 12ga and 10ga. They are ideal for medium to larger standoff conditions. FUS clips install quickly and provide adjustable standoff to ensure a plumb wall plane. For deflection application, proprietary heavy duty deflection screws are provided with each clip to ensure friction-free sliding.
- Eliminates shims and scabs.
- Provides vertical movement up to 1” when installed as a deflection application
- Fast, one-piece universal installation. No left- or right-handed clips.
- Higher capacities when used in applications where significantly higher capacities are required.
- Proprietary heavy duty deflection screws provide frictionless slip connections. One bag (80 screws) included
Connections to the building can be made with screws, welds powder-actuated fasteners (PAF). Mechanical fasteners shall be located on the embossed marks given on the scored line of the 2" flange. Attach building anchors to the structure according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Anchors shall be installed through the embossments on the scored line of the clip as shown on the attached drawings. In no case shall anchors be installed more than 3/4" from the bend on the short leg of the clip. In cases of discrepancy between this information and the Design Engineer’s details, the Design Engineer’s details shall be followed.
Proprietary HD Deflection Screws: Many of the ClarkDietrich deflection clips include our proprietary deflection fasteners that have been specifically designed to provide friction-free deflection. These fasteners eliminate drag, binding or resistance that can often occur with common fasteners. For the FUS clip, we supply a heavy duty version of the deflection screw. Clark Dietrich's proprietary HD deflection screws are utilized on the Fixed Universal Slip clip only when used for a deflection condition.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|FUS6-97||6" 97mils (12ga) Fixed Universal Slip Clip|
|FUS8-97||8" 97mils (12ga) Fixed Universal Slip Clip|
|FUS6-118||6" 118mils (10ga) Fixed Universal Slip Clip|
|FUS8-118||8" 118mils (10ga) Fixed Universal Slip Clip|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.