Universal design-Works with studs in either direction
The FastBack™ backing system features a universal design that works with studs in either direction—concealing fasteners on the face of the product. Reduces screw pops and touch up work with no exposed fasteners on the face of the product.
The system creates an interlocked design between the stud and track for baseboard backing installations; and a cutaway design allows backing and bracing to be installed all the way to the floor. Pre-cut and fire-rated, the Dricon® or FlamePRO® Wood Backing is sized to fit 12," 16" and 24" o.c. spacing. Available for overnight delivery.
Perfect backing system for:
- Door Jams and Wood Trim
- Cabinets and Vanities
Dricon® and FlamePRO® FRT is pressure-treated wood that is chemically treated to reduce the flamespread and smoke development. Both Dricon® and FlamePRO® are Class A fire retardant; EPA registered, and comply with all national codes including the 2003 International Building Code (IBC) and the 2003 International Residential Code Council (ICC).
Dricon® is a registered trademark of Arch Wood Protection, Inc.
FlamePRO® is a registered trademark of Koppers Performance Chemicals, Inc.
FastBack® - U.S. Patent Nos. 7,882,676 is owned by Jeffery Thomas Ellis
FBBC - 5-1/8" Wide
|INSTALLATION CONDITION||NOMINAL (LBS)|
|Shear / 0" Offset||2045|
|Shear / 1" Offset||950|
|Shear / 3" Offset||325|
FBBC - 10-1/4" Wide
|INSTALLATION CONDITION||NOMINAL (LBS)|
|Shear / 0" Offset||2685|
|Shear / 1" Offset||1185|
|Shear / 3" Offset||435|
1. Listed load values are nominal test load values, appropriate safety factors/resistance factors should be applied by the designer for calculating loads for intended use.
2. Shear / Offset (moment-rotation) Load refers to load directed in the plane of the wall.
3. Tension Load refers to load directed perpendicular to wall or plywood surface.
4. Tabulated loads include the contribution of 5/8" gypsum board.
5. Test loads were applied to the gypsum board and backing system through a 1/2" thick, 2-3/4" diameter steel plate secured with (4) #12 hex head screws.
6. Loads were applied directly through the steel plate or to a steel rod that cantilevered from the plate.
7. Typical failure mode in backing testing was the gypsum board failure.
8. 24-in o.c. stud spacing test results were similar/identical to 16-in o.c. test results.
9. Listed nominal capacities are based on using 33mil (20ga) non-structural framing members/studs.
Rotate the FastBack® clip over the flange of the stud until it sits flush. Fasten into place using (3) #8 wafer head/pan head screws to metal stud at each pre-punched hole. Place wood onto tabs and fasten into place using three #8 wafer head/pan head screws. One screw placed at the center and one screw placed 1/2" from top and bottom edges of wood.
FLAMEPRO® FIRE RETARDANT COMPLIES WITH OR HAS BEEN GRANTED THE FOLLOWING:
- UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification – UL 2818
- ICC ESR-4244
- UL Classified with an FR-S Rating for flame spread and smoke development values of 25 or less
- AWPA E12, AWPA M4, AWPA P50, AWPA T1 standard
- Cal Fire Certified
- American Institute of Architects Approved
- ASTM 2768
- ASTM D3201, D5516, D5664, E84, E119, 2768, D6305, D6841
- AWPA T1
- AWPA UC-1
- Class A FRT wood
- UL Recognized Component
- NFPA 703, 101 Life Safety Code
- City of Los Angeles Building Code
- City of Los Angeles Residential Code
- National Building Code of Canada
- One & two hour tested wall assemblies
- 50-year warranty
(All are subject to revision, re-examination)
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|FBBC 5-1/8" Wide||FastBack® Backing System (FBBC) 5-1/8" Wide System|
|FBBC 10-1/4" Wide||FastBack® Backing System (FBBC) 10-1/4" Wide System|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.