A composite control joint with intumescent tape factory applied to one side of the back of the control joint. The FAS-093X has been tested according to UL-2079 “Test For Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems” and is used to relieve stresses of expansion and contraction of drywall interior partitions or ceilings running in a horizontal or vertical direction. The opening is protected by an orange plastic tape to indicate the fire rating this tape is removed after joint compound has been applied and the finish is completed. The section is fabricated from hot-dipped galvanized steel complying with ASTM A653 and ASTM A1003.
- No Drywall Rips Required
- No Sealant Required
- No Mineral Wool Required
- UL Listed Joint System
- US Patent 8,671,632
- FAS-093X can be used on metal or wood framing on one side or both sides of the wall.
- Can be installed with drywall fasteners or staples before the flanges are coated with tape and joint compound.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- ASTM C1047, A653 & A1003
- ASTM E1966: Standard Test Method of Fire Tests of Firestop Systems for 1 and 2 hour wall assemblies
- UL 2079 Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joints
- ASTM E-119: Standard Test Methods of Fire Tests of Building Construction and Material
- UL WW-D-0172 1 & 2 Hour Ratings
- Sound Tested in accordance with ASTM E90-09
- Air leakage tests conduced for compliance with Section 713.6 of IBC and CBC
- SDS & Product Certification Information is available at www.clarkdietrich.com/SupportDocs
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|FAS-093X||Fire Rated Control Joint|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.