FAS-093X fire rated control joint - profile for protection of control joints
Fire Rated Control Joint is a composite control joint with intumescent tape factory applied to the back side of the control joint.
A composite control joint with intumescent tape factory applied to one side of the back of the control joint. The FAS-093X has been tested according to UL-2079 “Test For Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems” and is used to relieve stresses of expansion and contraction of drywall interior partitions or ceilings running in a horizontal or vertical direction. The opening is protected by an orange plastic tape to indicate the fire rating this tape is removed after joint compound has been applied and the finish is completed. The section is fabricated from hot-dipped galvanized steel complying with ASTM A653 and ASTM A1003.
- No Drywall Rips Required
- No Sealant Required
- No Mineral Wool Required
- UL Listed Joint System
- US Patent 8,671,632
Product Data & Ordering Information:
Material: Grade 33 Type H (33ksi)
Grounds: 3/32" (2.4mm)
Packaging: (20) pieces per carton - (25) cartons per pallet
- FAS-093X can be used on metal or wood framing on one side or both sides of the wall.
- Can be installed with drywall fasteners or staples before the flanges are coated with tape and joint compound.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- ASTM C1047 Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM E90 Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements
- ASTM E119 Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- ASTM E1966 Standard Test Method for Fire-Resistive Joint Systems
- IBC Chapter 7 Fire and Smoke Protection Features
- CBC Chapter 7 Fire and Smoke Protection Features
- UL Design WW-D-0172 1 and 2 Hour Assemblies
- UL Design 2079 Fifth Edition Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems
- SDS For ASTM A653 Steel Finishing Products For Interior Finishing and Exterior Finishing
Need help with making the best product selections for your Fire-Rated Project?
Submit info to our Technical Services Representatives to help answer your questions.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|FAS-093X||Fire Rated Control Joint|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.