Moisture penetration is a prevalent issue in these wall systems and creates a range of problems from cracking to complete failure of the wall. Without a rainscreen, moisture can intrude past the outer surface of the wall and become trapped in the system, creating issues with rusting and mold growth that can structurally compromise the system. By using ClarkDietrich E-Screen, the water inside the wall is drained away more efficiently and the increased ventilation properties allows the system to dry out more effectively.
- 95% open design creates a continuous capillary break and a channel for moisture to drain away from the wall system while accelerating the drying time
- The durable polymer material is corrosion-resistant, rust-proof and mildew/mold-resistant
- Minimizes cracking, staining, peeling, and blistering of exterior finishes
- Easy to Install - more cost effective and easier to install than traditional furring methods
- The 2-Ply design is comprised of a backer fabric that deflects the stucco away from the open design and improves the tensile and compressive strength properties of the rainscreen - this fabric also provides a built-in insect screen