Features a 1/4" removable leg that acts as a guide for the taping knife and a protective mask for joint compound application.
Rip-Bead® Muddable J-Bead
Rip-Bead® Muddable J-Bead
Used to finish drywall edges when dissimilar materials and door and window encasements meet gypsum
Rip-Bead® Muddable J-Bead is designed to cover the raw edges of drywall when butting up to other materials such as masonry, glass, door frames and window frames.
Make sure the surface of the drywall is clean and smooth. Avoid using the tapered edge for this application. Measure and cut the Rip Bead Muddable J-Bead to length subtract ½” for vertical applications. Dry fit the Rip Bead J-Bead to ensure the optimum fit.
Position the mud leg of the Rip Bead Muddable J-Bead so that it is facing the room’s interior. Slip the J-Bead over the edge of the drywall until both edges meet.
Install the drywall equipped with the J-Bead using screws as normal.
Staple the Rip Bead Muddable J-Bead every 6”– 8” with ½” staples while applying pressure by hand to keep the J-Bead tight to the drywall surface.
Using a 6” taping knife, apply the first coat of joint compound to the surface of the Rip Bead J-Bead. The use lightweight compound or setting-type compound in this step will reduce shrinkage and speed up drying time. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
Using an 8” taping knife, apply the final coat of joint compound. Feather the compound beyond the previous coat. The use of all-purpose compound or topping compound will make for a more durable finish. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
Gently remove the Rip Bead removable leg after the final coat of compound is completely dry and before sanding.
Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper to finish.
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM D1784 - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D3678 - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Interior Profile Extrusions
- Installation: ASTM C840 - Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|TMJB50, TMJB58||Rip-Bead® Muddable J-Bead|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.