PVC Control Joint with Embeddable Flange design
ClarkDietrich E-Flange embeddable stucco profiles provide 80% more embedment than standard "flat flange" profiles. E-Flange allows for more stucco mix to flow through the flange, providing a more thorough and consistent embedment. The unique E-Flange shape also allows for quick and easy tying of lath and other accessories.
- 80 % more stucco embedment as compared to standard "flat" flange profiles
- Larger triangular perforations allow more stucco mix to flow through and adhere to the substrate, improving embedment and lath/trim contact.
- Raised flange sections allow stucco mix to flow behind the profile
- Raised flange sections allow for more consistent and easier lath tying through flanges
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Ground (in.)||Size (in.)||Pcs./Box|
|1558 EF||5/8"||1-3/4" flange width||30|
- Lengths: All 10-foot long standard. Custom lengths upon request.
- Colors: Available in white (tan/brown/gray available upon request)
- E-Flange embeddable stucco profiles are available in ground depths of 5/8", 3/4", 7/8" and 1"
- All flange widths are 1-3/4" (either side)
- Designed to relieve stress and assist in controlling cracking in large areas of walls and ceilings. Specially designed connector clips are provided for alignment and base for sealants.
- Raised flange height is approximately 3/16"
- Factory fabricated control joint intersections are available in cross, tee and right angle configurations. Contact sales representative for more information.
- U.S. Patent Pending
ASTM & Code Standards
- Vinyl Material: Complies with ASTM D1784 and ASTM C-1063, Table 1, PVC for exterior use.
- E-Flange shape provides for less surface contact with the substrate and greater contact with lath, for a more fully embedded assembly per ASTM C1861 & C1063
- Assists in accomplishing ASTM C-1063, Section 7 - Tie In Control Joints through rib flange area.
- SDS & Product Certification Information
- Temporarily attach #15 Control Joints to the walls, to establish the pattern for lathing system to merge with.
- Miter-cut all joints and set the into sealant and on the ends of joint. Clean sealant off to remain clean.
- Run all vertical Control Joints continuous, all horizontal joints broken at those intersections only.
- Wire-tie, or zip-tie the Control Joint flange into the lath, as outlined in ASTM C-1063. Use rib areas of E-Flange as wire access points.