Relieves moisture from stucco
The DS15-78-25WX is a combination Drip Screed with Casing Bead and Control Joint for use in stucco plane transitions. Install on frame construction for use in stucco plane transitions.
The DS15-78-25WX Drip Screed is placed at the bottom of framed wall construction at the stucco plane transition. Weather resistant barriers on the vertical plane are placed over the top of the drip screed to ship-lap. Weather resistant barriers on the horizontal plane are placed under the horizontal flange of the Drip Screed. With weep holes in the casing bead component, the accessory encourages proper moisture drainage away from the stucco installation. Along with weep holes, the casing bead component provides a ¼” drip leg to ensure that moisture escapes the vertical component and does not travel to the horizontal plane. The control joint component features a taped V-groove joint to keep material out of the joint during installation and to provide a clean finish with minimal effort by simply removing the tape after the stucco has been applied. Additionally, this control joint component allows for movement of the trim during temperature fluctuations and helps to prevent cracking as the installation shifts with the changes in the building. The vertical flange is a non-perforated vinyl casing and weather barriers are placed over it to act as a flashing and as a stucco stop with weep. The drip screed component is ideal for soffit transitions, balconies, or any protrusion of size outside the vertical wall and serves to maintain the plaster look. The 3-1/2" solid attachment flange installed in this procedure complies to Chapter 25 if IBC, Chapter 7 of IRC and ASTM C-1063 (stucco) and ASTM C1780 for Thin Veneer Stone.
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM D638 - Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics
- ASTM D790 - Standard Test Methods for Flexural Properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastics and Electrical Insulating Materials
- ASTM D256 - Standard test Methods for Determining the Izod Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastics
- ASTM D648 - Standard Test Method for Deflection Temperature of Plastics Under Flexural Load in the Edgewise Position
- ASTM D696 - Standard Test Method for Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion of Plastics Between −30°C and 30°C with a Vitreous Silica Dilatometer
- ASTM D1784 - Standard Classification System and Basis for Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D4216 Cell Class 13244C - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) and Related PVC and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Building Products Compounds
- ASTM C1861 - Standard Specification for Lathing and Furring Accessories, and Fasteners, for Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1063 - Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster. Table, 1, PVC for Exterior.
- ASTM C1780 - Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-Based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- ASTM C841 - Standard Specification for Installation of Interior Lathing and Furring
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
Product submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|DS15-78-25WX||Vinyl 3-1/2" Drip Screed w/ Weep Holes and Tape|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.