when the ultimate corrosion resistance is required
When the highest levels of corrosion resistance are required, a stainless steel substrate for Portland cement or gypsum plaster used in stucco & stone reinforcement is mandated for interior and exterior installations. Applications include ceilings, soffits, and fascia surfaces, and under ceramic tile in wall, ceiling, and floor applications. Metal lath is useful in general purpose applications and is the best lath available for flat or contoured surfaces and for ornamental work as well as for use as a reinforcing underlay for spray-applied fireproofing.
Expanded metal lath is formed from steel that has been slit and expanded to form hundreds of plaster “keys” per square yard. Its time proven exceptional strength and flexibility makes it the preferred, corrosion resistant metal base requested by quality contractors and when specified by design.
All fasteners or attachments are required to match the same 304 stainless alloy or to isolate the galvanized fasteners via neoprene washers to avoid dissimilar metal contact.
Stainless steel products should not be used with magnesium oxychloride cement stucco or Portland cement stucco containing calcium chloride additives.
When less corrosion resistance is required, this product can be substituted for 2.5# and 3.4# metal lath, which are available in G90 coating with a special order and lead time or standard G60 galvanized steel.
- ASTM A240 Standard Specification for Chromium and Chromium-Nickel Stainless Steel Plate, Sheet, and Strip for Pressure Vessels and for General Applications
- ASTM C847 Standard Specification for Metal Lath
- ASTM C1063 Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1780 Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- SDS Stainless Steel Lath Stainless Steel
All fasteners or attachments to match same stainless alloy, or isolate the galvanized fasteners via neoprene washer to avoid dissimilar metal contact.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|SS-205, SS-304||Stainless Steel Diamond Mesh Lath|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.