Eliminates the need for cutting and bending when using the Spazzer® 5400 Spacer Bar to facilitate rapid installation of exterior curtain wall framing
The Spazzer bar fly clip is a secure, fast and efficient way to finish a wall section when using the TradeReady® Spazzer 5400 spacer bar to facilitate the rapid erection of curtain wall or load-bearing framing.
Traditionally, at the end of a section, the Spazzer bar would need to be cut and bent to keep the bar in place. With the new Spazzer bar fly clip, installation is as easy as fastening the prepunched clip to the stud and the Spazzer bar. The excess Spazzer bar is cut and installation is complete.
The Spazzer fly clip is the perfect solution for installing off module studs with the 5400 series Spazzer bar. Simply cut the Spazzer bar just short of the stud web, and use the Spazzer fly clip to quickly connect the Spazzer bar to the face of the stud with self-drilling framing screws.
- Traditional cutting and bending
Load-Bearing Wall Installation
The TradeReady Spazzer 5400 spacer bar is passed through the stud knockouts and rotated 90º into position, engaging each side of the knockout. In load-bearing applications, some type of attachment is required to keep the bar in place—the Spazzer bar fly clip is an optimum solution. The TradeReady Spazzer 5400 bar should be installed at a maximum 4' o.c. vertically or per specifications. The Spazzer bar should not be used in studs over 6" wide.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|SFLY||Spazzer® Bar Fly Clip|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.