Made of 22mil steel, RC Deluxe is one of the most effective, low-cost methods of improving sound transmission loss through wood and steel frame partitions. RC Deluxe is the preferred resilient channel because of its extra-wide 1-1/2” flange for the installation of the gypsum board. Ink jetted to assist in proper installation orientation.
Resilient channel should be installed perpendicular to the framing members with the attachment flange of the RC Deluxe installed along the bottom edge. Channel is pre-punched for screw attachments to wood or steel framing members. Nails are not recommended for attaching RC Deluxe resilient channel to framing members. No more than 7.5 lbs/sf of gypsum panels should be installed to resilient furring channel for wall or ceiling applications. For reference, common 5/8” thick gypsum panels weigh upwards of 2.5 lbs/sf.
Please see ClarkDietrich iTools for Sound Rated Assemby Lookup System.
ASTM & CODE STANDARDS
- Resilient channel is produced to meet or exceed ASTM C645
- Galvanized sheet steel meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM A1003
- Complies to UL 263 test standards. See full list of UL® design assemblies in UL R19331.
- For installation & storage information refer to ASTM C754 SDS & Product Certification Information
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|RCSD||RC Deluxe Resilient Channel|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.