Made of 22mil steel to provide a stiffer resilient channel (RC-2 ProPlus) is one of the most effective, low-cost methods of improving sound transmission loss through wood and steel frame partitions and ceilings. It is used as a cross-furring member for resilient attachment of gypsum. Knurled face makes wallboard application easier.
RC-2 ProPlus heavy-duty double leg resilient channel is typically used for ceiling applications with multiple layers of gypsum board. Resilient channel should be installed perpendicular to the framing members. Channel is pre-punched for screw attachments to wood or steel framing members.
- ASTM A924 Standard Specification for General Requirements for Steel Sheet, Metallic - Coated by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- ASTM C645 Standard Specification for Nonstructural Steel Framing Members
- ASTM C754 Standard Specification for Installation of Steel Framing Members to Receive Screw-Attached Gypsum Panel Products
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
ASTM & CODE STANDARDS
- Resilient channel is produced to meet or exceed ASTM C645
- Galvanized sheet steel meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM A924 & A1003
- For installation & storage information refer to ASTM C754
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|RCDE||RC-2 ProPlus™ Resilient Channel|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.