Made of 18mil (25 gauge) steel, RC-1 Pro is one of the most effective, low-cost methods of improving sound transmission loss through wood and steel frame partitions. It is used as a cross-furring member for resilient attachment of gypsum. Knurled face makes screw attachment of wallboard easier.
Resilient channel should be installed perpendicular to the framing members with the attachment flange of the RC-1 Pro installed along the bottom edge. Channel is pre-punched for screw attachments to wood or steel framing members. Nails are not recommended for attaching RC-1 Pro resilient channel to framing members.
- ASTM A924 Standard Specification for General Requirements for Steel Sheet, Metallic - Coated by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- ASTM C645 Standard Specification for Nonstructural Steel Framing Members
- ASTM C754 Standard Specification for Installation of Steel Framing Members to Receive Screw-Attached Gypsum Panel Products
- UL File Number R19331 Full list of ProSTUD, Spazzer, Resilient Channel, Sound Clip and Barrier Mesh UL design assemblies
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|RCUR||RC-1 PRO™ Resilient Channel (RCUR)|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.