Notched flanges enable this bead to be arched to an inside or outside radius. Each tab on the archway bead should be secured with adhesive or staples before application of joint compound. Multiple perforations along the flanges enhance joint compound bond.
- Ideal for archways, curves and dramatic architectural detailing.
- Rust proof and dent resistant.
- Notched flange adapts to virtually any radius condition.
When installing drywall, use the full drywall setback on the PRO-Bull ¾" Archway Bead to ensure proper fit and to achieve maximum adhesion. Avoid using the tapered edge of the drywall board on outside corners. Make sure the surfaces of corner are clean and smooth. Measure and cut the PRO-Bull ¾” Archway Bead to length, subtract ½” on vertical applications. Dry fit the archway bead to ensure the optimum fit.
For optimal results spray the drywall surface and the flanges of the PRO-Bull ¾” Archway Bead with 2 coats drywall adhesive and position the archway bead into place. Once in position, apply pressure with the handle of your taping knife and then staple the corner bead every 6”– 8” with ½” staples on the solid leg and every other tab on the arched leg to keep the bead tight to the drywall surface and to ensure a solid bond.
Using an 8” taping knife, apply the first coat of joint compound to the surface of the archway bead. The use lightweight compound or setting-type compound in this step will reduce shrinkage and speed up the drying time. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
Using a 10” taping knife, apply the final coat of joint compound. Feather the compound beyond the previous coat. The use of all-purpose compound or topping compound will make for a more durable finish. Let this dry completely, for several hours or overnight.
Lightly sand with 120 grit sandpaper to finish.
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM D1784 - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D3678 - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Interior Profile Extrusions
- Installation: ASTM C840 - Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|PROBULL A||PRO-Bull 3/4" Archway|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.