PanelTRAK is a structural steel track that allows steel studs to bear directly on the track web rather than the radii of the track corners. Because of its slightly oversized web base, it creates an easier installation in load bearing applications. PanelTRAK can be used in axial loadbearing walls, curtain walls, tall interior partitions, floor joists and roof truss assemblies.
ClarkDietrich PanelTRAK is made in a variety of web and leg sizes to meet different applications
- Standard Web Size: 3-5/8”, 4”, 6” and 8”
- Leg heights: 1-1/2” and 2”.
- Thickness: 33 mils (20ga), 43 mils (18ga), 54 mils (16ga), and 68 mils (14ga).
- 33 mils (20ga) and 43 mils (18ga) material produced with 33ksi steel.
- 54 mils (16ga) and 68 mils (14ga) material produced with 50ksi steel.
- Standard coating: CP60
- Standard 10’ lengths. (Custom lengths available)
- Lead-times vary, contact your local sales representative for availability and pricing.
ClarkDietrich PanelTRAK is a U-shaped framing component used as top and bottom runners to secure wall studs. PanelTRAK is also used as head and sill plates of wall openings and solid blocking. PanelTRAK is normally ordered in corresponding size and gauge to the wall studs. .
See ClarkDietrich's Product Identification sheet for more on how to identify our products.
PanelTRAK incorporates a web slightly wider than the accompanying stud width, and has the legs bent inward, just under 90 degrees. This locates the bend radii of the track outside the plane of the bearing stud with the leg ends matching the width of the bearing stud. Thus, allowing the load bearing stud to directly seat/bear on the track web. PanelTRAK can be used in axial loadbearing walls, curtain walls, tall interior partitions, floor joists and roof truss assemblies.
The bend radius between the web and legs of a traditional structural track create a gap between the load bearing stud and the track; keeping the bearing stud from seating/bearing on the track web. When a load is applied on the stud(s) the gap closes; resulting in shearing of the fastener or bending of the flange and pullout of the fastener.
- AISI S100-16 North American Specification for the Design of CFS Structural Members
- AISI S240-15 North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing
- Section A3 Material - Chemical & mechanical requirements (Referencing ASTM A1003/A1003M)
- Section A4 Corrosion Protection (Referencing ASTM A653/A653M)
- Section A5 Products - Thickness, shapes, tolerances, identification
- Section C Installation - (Referencing ASTM C1007)
- AISI S202-15 Code of Standard Practice for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing
- Section F3 Delivery, Handling and Storage of Materials
- Intertek CCRR-0206 Structural Studs and Track
- SFIA Stud Code Compliance Certification Program
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
The Fastest way to find product information
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.