Notched track for blocking & backing
Notched Track is generally used for joist blocking or horizontal backing in walls to allow support for cabinets, appliances etc.
Notched Track is also specified in many hospital jobs to add support to the mechanical equipment that is mounted on walls.
Used in framing applications:
- Floor joist blocking
- Horizontal wall backing
- Support for cabinets
Product Data & Ordering Information
Material: 33mil & 43mil = 33ksi, 54mil = 50ksi yield strength
- 33mils: 20ga STR, 0.0346” Design Thickness, 0.0329“ Min. Thickness
- 43mils: 18ga, 0.0451” Design Thickness, 0.0428“ Min. Thickness
- 54mils: 16ga, 0.0566” Design Thickness, 0.0538“ Min. Thickness
Dimensions: Track Leg: 1-1/4” Standard (custom 1” & 1-1/2” legs available)
Widths: 4” & 6” Standard (custom widths available by special order)
- 10’-0” long for 12”o.c. and 24”o.c spacing
- 9’-4” & 10'-8" long for 16”o.c spacing
(Custom lengths available by special order)
|INSTALLATION CONDITION||33MILS (20GA) TRACK||43MILS (18GA) TRACK||54MILS (16GA) TRACK|
|Shear / 0" Offset||2255||2815||3005|
|Shear / 1" Offset||765||1345||1500|
|Shear / 3" Offset||260||310||600|
1. Listed load values are nominal test load values, appropriate safety factors/resistance factors should be applied by the designer for calculating loads for intended use.
2. Shear / Offset (moment-rotation) Load refers to load directed in the plane of the wall.
3. Tension Load refers to load directed perpendicular to wall surface.
4. Tabulated loads include the contribution of 5/8" gypsum board.
5. Test loads were applied to the gypsum board and backing system through a 1/2" thick, 2-3/4" diameter steel plate secured with (4) #12 hex head screws.
6. Loads were applied directly through the steel plate or to a steel rod that cantilevered from the plate.
7. Typical failure mode in backing testing was the gypsum board failure.
8. 24-in o.c. stud spacing test results were similar/identical to 16-in o.c. test results.
9. Listed capacities are based on 68mils (14ga) 50ksi studs.
The Notched Track in anchored to the metal studs with (3) #8 wafer head/pan head screws. One screw at the center and one screw at 1" from the top and bottom edges.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- ASTM C955 Standard Specification for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|Notched Track||Notched Track|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.