Notched Track is also specified in many hospital jobs to add support to the mechanical equipment that is mounted on walls.
Used in framing applications:
- Floor joist blocking
- Horizontal wall backing
- Support for cabinets
|INSTALLATION CONDITION||33MILS (20GA) TRACK||43MILS (18GA) TRACK||54MILS (16GA) TRACK|
|Shear / 0" Offset||2255||2815||3005|
|Shear / 1" Offset||765||1345||1500|
|Shear / 3" Offset||260||310||600|
1. Listed load values are nominal test load values, appropriate safety factors/resistance factors should be applied by the designer for calculating loads for intended use.
2. Shear / Offset (moment-rotation) Load refers to load directed in the plane of the wall.
3. Tension Load refers to load directed perpendicular to wall surface.
4. Tabulated loads include the contribution of 5/8" gypsum board.
5. Test loads were applied to the gypsum board and backing system through a 1/2" thick, 2-3/4" diameter steel plate secured with (4) #12 hex head screws.
6. Loads were applied directly through the steel plate or to a steel rod that cantilevered from the plate.
7. Typical failure mode in backing testing was the gypsum board failure.
8. 24-in o.c. stud spacing test results were similar/identical to 16-in o.c. test results.
9. Listed capacities are based on 68mils (14ga) 50ksi studs.
The Notched Track in anchored to the metal studs with (3) #8 wafer head/pan head screws. One screw at the center and one screw at 1" from the top and bottom edges.
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- ASTM C955 Standard Specification for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing Members
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|Notched Track||Notched Track|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.