E-FLANGE™ CASING BEAD with drip
PVC Casing Bead with embeddable flange design designed to terminate stucco and plaster with a moisture trap. ClarkDietrich E-Flange embeddable stucco profiles provide 80% more embedment than standard "flat flange" profiles.
E-Flange allows for more stucco mix to flow through the flange, providing a more thorough and consistent embedment. The unique E-Flange shape also allows for quick and easy tying of lath and other accessories. Larger, triangular perforations allow more stucco mix to flow through and adhere to the substrate, improving embedment with and lath and trims.
Casing beads should not be used in lieu of Foundation Weep Screeds at the base of the wall, as they do not meet building Code requirements.
Vinyl is impervious to corrosion when coated in veneer plaster, wet joint compounds, or when placed in contact with steel or aluminum frames and resists impacts, dents, and damage during construction. No priming is required to add paint to vinyl products due to its paint adhesion properties. Vinyl has low electrical and thermal conductivity and is considered an excellent insulator, as well as being self-extinguishing and offering better resistance to burning than many other common building materials. Additionally, vinyl has a lower cost than equivalent products manufactured from zinc or aluminum, for use when the highest levels of corrosion resistance are required.
Product Data & Ordering Information
- Available with weep holes.
- Lengths: Custom lengths upon request.
- Colors: Available in white (tan/brown/gray available upon request)
- Raised flange height is approximately 3/16"
- U.S. Patent Number D842,496; D843,015
- Attach to substrate through E-Flange per ASTM C1063.
- Caulk all intersections, butt joints, ends and corners at time of installation.
Downloadable CAD details are available in the Resources tab
ClarkDietrich Embedment Video White Paper
Stucco embedment is critical to providing enduring cladding performance on a building’s plaster/stucco walls. Embedment is a function of application whereby the lathing material is covered by the plaster. The greater the level of embedment, the less likely the wall system is to be faced with cracking, moisture penetration, rusting, and other issues. This white paper will discuss several considerations around different attributes of lathing products and their effect on embedment.
- ASTM C926 Standard Specification for Application of Portland Cement - Based Plaster
- ASTM C1063 Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1330 Standard Specification for Cylindrical Sealant Backing for Use with Cold Liquid-Applied Sealants
- ASTM C1780 Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- ASTM C1861 Standard Specification for Lathing and Furring Accessories, and Fasteners, for Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM D1784 Standard Classification System and Basis for Specification for Rigid Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D4216 Standard Specification for Rigid Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) and Related PVC and Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Building Products Compounds
- ASTM E331 Standard Test Method for Water Penetration of Exterior Windows, Skylights, Doors, and Curtain Walls by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference
- SDS Vinyl Corp PVC Compounds
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|D-6658EF, D-6675EF, D-6678EF, D-66100EF
|E-Flange™ Casing Bead with Drip
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.