E-FLANGE™ CASING BEAD with drip
PVC Casing Bead with embeddable flange design designed to terminate stucco and plaster with a moisture trap. ClarkDietrich E-Flange embeddable stucco profiles provide 80% more embedment than standard "flat flange" profiles.
E-Flange allows for more stucco mix to flow through the flange, providing a more thorough and consistent embedment. The unique E-Flange shape also allows for quick and easy tying of lath and other accessories. Larger, triangular perforations allow more stucco mix to flow through and adhere to the substrate, improving embedment with and lath and trims.
Casing beads should not be used in lieu of Foundation Weep Screeds at the base of the wall, as they do not meet building Code requirements.
Vinyl is impervious to corrosion when coated in veneer plaster, wet joint compounds, or when placed in contact with steel or aluminum frames and resists impacts, dents, and damage during construction. No priming is required to add paint to vinyl products due to its paint adhesion properties. Vinyl has low electrical and thermal conductivity and is considered an excellent insulator, as well as being self-extinguishing and offering better resistance to burning than many other common building materials. Additionally, vinyl has a lower cost than equivalent products manufactured from zinc or aluminum, for use when the highest levels of corrosion resistance are required.
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Ground (A)||Flange (B)||Pcs./Box|
- Available with weep holes.
- Lengths: Custom lengths upon request.
- Colors: Available in white (tan/brown/gray available upon request)
- Raised flange height is approximately 3/16"
- U.S. Patent Number D842,496; D843,015
- Attach to substrate through E-Flange per ASTM C1063.
- Caulk all intersections, butt joints, ends and corners at time of installation.
Downloadable CAD details are available in the Resources tab
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM D638 - Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics
- ASTM D790 - Standard Test Methods for Flexural Properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastics and Electrical Insulating Materials
- ASTM D256 - Standard test Methods for Determining the Izod Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastics
- ASTM D648 - Standard Test Method for Deflection Temperature of Plastics Under Flexural Load in the Edgewise Position
- ASTM D696 - Standard Test Method for Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion of Plastics Between −30°C and 30°C with a Vitreous Silica Dilatometer
- ASTM D1784 - Standard Classification System and Basis for Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D4216 Cell Class 13244C - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) and Related PVC and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Building Products Compounds
- ASTM C1330 - Standard Specification for Cylindrical Sealant Backing for Use with Cold Liquid-Applied Sealants
- ASTM E331 - Standard test Method for Water Penetration of Exterior Windows, Skyligts, Doors, and Curtain Walls by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference
- ASTM C926 - Standard Specification for Application of Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1861 - Standard Specification for Lathing and Furring Accessories, and Fasteners, for Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1063 - Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster. Table, 1, PVC for Exterior.
- ASTM C1780 - Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-Based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- ASTM C841 - Standard Specification for Installation of Interior Lathing and Furring
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|D-6658EF, D-6675EF, D-6678EF, D-66100EF||E-Flange™ Casing Bead with Drip|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.