BlazeFrame® Perimeter L-Bead creates an easy attachment that is attained with staples through the bead flange. Multiple perforations along the 1-1/8" flange enhance strong compound adhesion and the raised shoulder provides for a flush finish. Rigid vinyl is rust proof, dent resistant and easy to field cut without distorting profile or leaving sharp edges and burrs.
Composite Firestop/Framing for use in fire-resistant joint systems in or between fire-resistance-rated walls and floor/ceiling or roof/ceiling assemblies. Many assemblies can also be used in smoke barriers with tested air leakage (L ratings) well below the code defined maximum of 5 cfm per linear foot.
When used in conjunction with BlazeFrame Fire Stop Deflection Track Systems, BlazeFrame Perimeter L-Bead is UL 2079-fifth edition compliant. Provides joint protection for up to 1" with UL 2079 Class II or III Movement Capabilities at 80% compression.
U.S. Patent Number 11,725,401 and 11,486,150 on Perimeter L-Bead.
- Cut to length with a fine-toothed hacksaw or chop saw
- Make sure to cut ends square
- Compress the foam and slide the horizontal leg over the top edge of the gypsum board
- Ensure the horizontal flange and vertical flange are in contact with the gypsum board.
- Attach perforated vertical flange to the gypsum base with Bostich 9/16" type G staples, or equivalent, spaced 12" on center maximum
- Repeat steps #1 and #2 and then butt together and align to provide a neat tight fit, with no gaps between the vinyl or foam.
- Repeat until all joints have been filled with the BlazeFrame Perimeter L-Bead
- Apply joint compound to perforated leg (optional)
- May be painted with high grade latex or acrylic paint (optional)
- ASTM C840 Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board
- ASTM C841 Standard Specification for Installation of Interior Lathing and Furring
- ASTM C1047 Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM D1056-07 Standard Specification for Flexible Cellular Materials - Sponge or Expanded Rubber
- ASTM D3678 Standard Specification for Rigid Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Interior - Profile Extrusions
- UL Design 2079 Fifth Edition Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems
- (When used in conjunction with BlazeFrame Firestop Deflection Track systems)
- IBC requires fire-resistant joint systems be tested in accordance w/the requirements of either ASTM E1966 or UL 2079.
- SDS Vinyl Corp PVC Compounds
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|62562||BlazeFrame® Perimeter L-Bead|
|62564||BlazeFrame® Perimeter L-Bead with Rip Bead®|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.