1/4" removable leg provides a clean, stucco-free caulk gap. A clean 1/4" x 1/4" caulk gap assures the most efficient caulk seal for optimal moisture protection.
Features / Benefits:
- Combination Bead - Reduces steps in the field installation of casing bead and separate backer rod. Ensures backer rod is installed around all door and window openings.
- Improved Quality - Factory-applied blue backer rod with preset width and depth to ensure proper caulk gap for sealant application. When the gap is properly caulked, the blue backer rod will no longer be visible.
- Separation of Dissimilar Materials - Properly terminates stucco and mortar at window and door frames.
- Sealant Compatibility - Closed-cell backer rod compatible with elastomeric and other cold-applied sealants.
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Ground (A)||Flange (B)||Length||Pcs./Box|
U.S. Patent Number D762,310
Lengths: All 10-foot long standard. Custom lengths upon request.
Colors: Available in white, tan, brown or gray.
Backer Rod: Blue standard, white backer rod optional (for clear sealants)
- Factory applied backer rod is adhered with set back of 1/4" from the leading edge of the ground on BackerBead casing bead products, unless noted.
- Backer Rod also available in white upon request for clear sealant applications.
Prior to setting the BackerBead, clean all surfaces to receive the bead and remove any debris. Refer to sealant manufacturer’s recommendations on caulking this gap. Dry off surfaces. Have the backer rod touch the adjacent surface continuously.
- ASTM C1063 Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1330 Standard Specification for Cylindrical Sealant Backing for Use with Cold Liquid-Applied Sealants
- ASTM C1780 Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- ASTM C1861 Standard Specification for Lathing and Furring Accessories, and Fasteners, for Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM D1784 Standard Classification System and Basis for Specification for Rigid Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D4216 Standard Specification for Rigid Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) and Related PVC and Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Building Products Compounds
- ASTM E331 Standard Test Method for Water Penetration of Exterior Windows, Skylights, Doors, and Curtain Walls by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference
- SDS Vinyl Corp PVC Compounds
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|6658BBR, 6678BBR||BackerBead® with Rip-Bead®|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.